Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Removing wax from Minimags

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    Further testing proved that the wax wasn’t the issues. The 43c just kind of sucks. Thanks for the suggestions.
    I've been quite fortunate with mine. 2289 documented rounds, most of that bulk with a sub 1% failure rate that has been all ammo related.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    Further testing proved that the wax wasn’t the issues. The 43c just kind of sucks. Thanks for the suggestions.
    At least you got to the bottom of your issue. That's the real win here.

Science experiment: can i dip the entire tray of minimags bullet first into a pot of hot water to melt the wax off? Just
    deep enough so the bullet tips get submerged.

Its the globs of wax on the nose of the bullets that cause all of these magazine malfunctions in my ruger mkiii

Quote Originally Posted by shootist26 View Post
    Science experiment: can i dip the entire tray of minimags bullet first into a pot of hot water to melt the wax off? Just
    deep enough so the bullet tips get submerged.

Its the globs of wax on the nose of the bullets that cause all of these magazine malfunctions in my ruger mkiii
    Yes, if you don't mind all the misfires from wet powder.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Clarks has some video about .22s fed from a magazine that might help in this situation. They just dump the bullets in a gun rag cloth I guess the kind that is impregnated with silicone and rub the bullets. Some times they put oil on the cloth too. Dunno if that helps or not.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

I had a 541 T HB that would only shoot ammo with soft slick lubed ammo like SK or old Wolf. Wish I knew what they use.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Pistol Pete 10 View Post
    I had a 541 T HB that would only shoot ammo with soft slick lubed ammo like SK or old Wolf. Wish I knew what they use.
    IIRC, SK Jagd and Wolf Match are the same ammunition in different boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Yes, if you don't mind all the misfires from wet powder.

Even if it's...just the tip?

Quote Originally Posted by shootist26 View Post
    Even if it's...just the tip?
    She can still get pregnant
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    IIRC, SK Jagd and Wolf Match are the same ammunition in different boxes.
    Roger that, I have a little of both from before Biden/Covid. First group with CCI STD after shooting the SK is real good, the lube left in the bbl from the SK. After that the CCI will have fliers. Whatever the slick lube is makes a big difference.

User Tag List