Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: S&W M&P 10 MM

S&W M&P 10 MM

Hi,Smith and Wesson is coming out with an M&P in 10 MM,I don't know any details yet,sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by RONK View Post
    Hi,Smith and Wesson is coming out with an M&P in 10 MM,I don't know any details yet,sorry.
    Why?
    Is 10mm really that popular at this time?
    Serious question.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    Why?
    Is 10mm really that popular at this time?
    Serious question.
    Not in PF circles but general population- yes.

Also given the durability issues the M&P had with .357 SIG not sure how it will hold up to 10mm.

Mild interest, strictly based on them being one of the original offerors of 10mm pistols and having done a decent amount of engineering work to make it feasible...

Having said that, my P220 is one chonky 10mm boi, the G20C I had was entertaining but I'm not sure I'd buy another one (if I did, it would be a G40, not a 20)...and I don't know what Smith would bring to the table that isn't already covered by the 220 or G40.

Name:  20170825_155418.jpg
Views: 1985
Size:  85.4 KB

I've since replaced springs with a Gray Guns spring kit, and the trigger with one of the Gray Guns longer triggers, which fits me much better than the thin Sig one.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Ed View Post
    Mild interest, strictly based on them being one of the original offerors of 10mm pistols and having done a decent amount of engineering work to make it feasible...

Having said that, my P220 is one chonky 10mm boi, the G20C I had was entertaining but I'm not sure I'd buy another one (if I did, it would be a G40, not a 20)...and I don't know what Smith would bring to the table that isn't already covered by the 220 or G40.

I've since replaced springs with a Gray Guns spring kit, and the trigger with one of the Gray Guns longer triggers, which fits me much better than the thin Sig one.
    I suspect S&W is going after the SA XD 10mm customer base.

Gun companies exist to make....... money.

In the mountain west and Alaska, the typical buyer thinks service pistols suitable for field use begin and end with 10.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Ed View Post

I wish they would use that steel frame on a .45. As for the 10mm M&P, I have the .45, the only thing 10mm has ever interested me in is the ability to fit another couple of 200+ grain projectiles in a magazine, relative to .45.

If this pistol shoots wide meplat and higher power factor ammo reliably, it will be a welcome addition, and they will sell many of them.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    If this pistol shoots wide meplat and higher power factor ammo reliably, it will be a welcome addition, and they will sell many of them.
    I cannot remember, did you do any testing with the Sig 10mm, as it was hyped as being 'the' solution for 10mm.

Quote Originally Posted by MandoWookie View Post
    I cannot remember, did you do any testing with the Sig 10mm, as it was hyped as being 'the' solution for 10mm.
    Nope.

User Tag List