Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: S&W M&P 10 MM

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I would take a G5 23 MOS over a G29 all day, any day.
    Despite the cartridge difference?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    You probably give it back with the short barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Leaving aside that the 23 has a MOS option, a more shootable grip and slightly more barrel in a similar size package, specifically because of the caliber. For JHP defensive loads, there are more quality 40 loads than 10mm, and with penetrators, I believe the .40 ballistics are squarely in the reliability envelope and the 10 loads are not.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I stumbled across a 4” model at a LGS and I couldn’t resist. I grabbed an M&P 45 mag when I got it home and it fit perfect.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Corse View Post
    I stumbled across a 4” model at a LGS and I couldn’t resist. I grabbed an M&P 45 mag when I got it home and it fit perfect.
    How’s the trigger

Quote Originally Posted by Brianjkeene View Post
    How’s the trigger
    I would say it’s very comparable to a VP9 trigger.

It is probably a little heavier and there is a little more grit in the take up. It has a very defined wall for the second stage with a little creep if you look for it. My Apex’d a 45 1.0 is a little smoother.

It seems like it will be a very usable trigger that at this time i would see no reason to upgrade.

Does 10mm feed from the 45 mag? I have a small pile of 1.0 45 mags, and I’m looking to downsize pistols. I’m thinking the 10mm would take a pretty good .40 gun in a slightly larger frame would be the “ultimate” 40 gun that could shoot some 10mm, sort of like folks using 10mm Glock guns with .40 conversion barrels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I'm a tactical operator and Instructor and also retired military."

-read on another forum

Quote Originally Posted by richiecotite View Post
    Does 10mm feed from the 45 mag? I have a small pile of 1.0 45 mags, and I’m looking to downsize pistols. I’m thinking the 10mm would take a pretty good .40 gun in a slightly larger frame would be the “ultimate” 40 gun that could shoot some 10mm, sort of like folks using 10mm Glock guns with .40 conversion barrels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I hope to get it out today for a little bit and plan on testing some 45 mags. The feed lips are further apart on the 45, so they aren’t the same mag with a different follower. The round sits a little higher, but will feed in manual cycling.

I visually checked chamber support, it appears to be better than my Jarvis G20 barrel and a lot better than the stock G20.

I got a chance to shoot about 75 rds through it today.

Good:
    - Accuracy was excellent with a red dot and I did ok with the iron sights which were a little high at 25 yrds. It was comparable to my M&P 45.
    - I shot a variety of ammo and no pregnant belly
    - Trigger worked well.
    - 45 mags worked ok (follower doesn’t activate the slide stop very positively)

Bad:
    - 509t lasted less than 2 mags of heavier loads before the screws sheared and the plastic core plate cracked. Now I have to find a way to get the screws out.
    - a couple FTF with 200 gr HST and some double tap hard cast.
    - recoil is snappy with the heavy stuff.

I got a chance to shoot about 75 rds through it today.

Good:
    - Accuracy was excellent with a red dot and I did ok with the iron sights which were a little high at 25 yrds. It was comparable to my M&P 45.
    - I shot a variety of ammo and no pregnant belly
    - Trigger worked well.
    - 45 mags worked ok (follower doesn’t activate the slide stop very positively)

Bad:
    - 509t lasted less than 2 mags of heavier loads before the screws sheared and the plastic core plate cracked. Now I have to find a way to get the screws out.
    - a couple FTF with 200 gr HST and some double tap hard cast.
    - recoil is snappy with the heavy stuff.
    Thanks for your report. Many of us have had two major concerns -- will the CORE system hold up to 10mm recoil, and will this pistol feed heavy loads. Your results are concerning on both!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List