Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any holster support for the Streamlight TLR-9?

Any holster support for the Streamlight TLR-9?

Are there any holster makers supporting the Streamlight TLR9 yet? JM supports the -7 and -8, but nothing for the 9 and 10 yet, wondering if it was in the works, or just not worth the effort?

The TLR-9 will fit Safariland 7000 series light bearing holsters.

Quote Originally Posted by MandoWookie View Post
    Are there any holster makers supporting the Streamlight TLR9 yet? JM supports the -7 and -8, but nothing for the 9 and 10 yet, wondering if it was in the works, or just not worth the effort?
    I have a Werkz TLR 9 holster that fits the 17/34/17L that I use for my TLR9/17L combo.

The TLR9 is cool because it can use the 16650 rechargeable battery, but holster support is still limited.

I've decided the TLR-9 is the way to go for my M9A3. As the OP stated, holster support is slim. Thought Ares Tactical might be the winner, but they don't offer any cant options and I prefer at least 10 degrees for concealable holsters. My go to makers (JMCK and Darkstar) don't have what I need. I'm actually looking for 3 holsters - IWB, OWB, and an R/C like JM offers. Well 4 if I could get Safariland to make an ALS (w/o the SLS hood) for it, but that's a pipe dream.

And it has to accommodate the RMR mod from LTT.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by spyderco monkey View Post
    ...The TLR9 is cool because it can use the 16650 rechargeable battery, but holster support is still limited.
    I am sick of new WML form factors. It's good for business for WML manufacturers and holster makers, but how hard would it be to come up with a standard?
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I am sick of new WML form factors. It's good for business for WML manufacturers and holster makers, but how hard would it be to come up with a standard?
    Considering that the power supply choice greatly affects the overall form and that bezel length/diameter affects the beam pattern, I don't see a standard coming along anytime soon.
    Standardizing to an 18350 seems like the way to go but that leaves institutions who want to stick to primaries out in the cold so that's probably not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by spyderco monkey View Post

The TLR9 is cool because it can use the 16650 rechargeable battery, but holster support is still limited.
    Except now Sanyo and Samsung have both discontinued 16650 cells.

And even Streamlight's own removable rechargeables are 18650s.

Frustrating to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    Considering that the power supply choice greatly affects the overall form and that bezel length/diameter affects the beam pattern, I don't see a standard coming along anytime soon.
    Standardizing to an 18350 seems like the way to go but that leaves institutions who want to stick to primaries out in the cold so that's probably not going to happen.
    You're going to see more and more dual fuel lights.

Streamlight has done it already with many of its weapon lights. The new Cloud Rein 3.0 can run on an 18650 or 2x CR123s with reduced output.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    You're going to see more and more dual fuel lights.

Streamlight has done it already with many of its weapon lights. The new Cloud Rein 3.0 can run on an 18650 or 2x CR123s with reduced output.
    Agreed, but in the pistol WML format that seems to be a bigger challenge since a single 18350/CR123 would make for the ideal size but is going to need to produce two drastically different outputs, whereas dual side-by-side 18350/CR123 will be very chunky and have an even higher output variance.
    An 18650/CR123 x2 should work well enough but eliminates the ability to shorten the light below G34 duty lengths which works fine for duty holsters but manufacturers and buyers will still want smaller options for CCW.
    So I don't see any kind of standardization anytime soon... I'd expect we'll see standardized RDS footprints long before any standard WML format for pistols. Especially as battery tech continues to evolve.

TBH - they HAVE standardized the battery footprint in weaponlights for nearly two decades it's a CR123 world. And further the TLR1 and Surefire X200/300 footprint have been standards for a ~dozen years.

User Tag List