Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: NYSRPA v. Bruen Oral Argument

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    The stack of articles over on CNN.com is all kinds of "hair on fire!"

You'd be forgiven for thinking that SCOTUS was personally handing out guns to blind, hyperactive, trigger happy, insane people.
    Why do you think they wear those long dark robes? Hmmm?

"Psst...hey kid..."
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Clarance Thomas went all Dred Scott

For decades I’ve been head over heels in love with Clarence Thomas, albeit in a wholesome sort of way. I think we’ve now reached the point that if he proposed, I would accept.

Name:  B082E422-2E19-41F2-9B58-5EFB7131BAEB.jpg
Views: 383
Size:  104.4 KB

Site Supporter
    Is there a rational list of sensitive places? Like I said, technical ones make sense. However, most have been ideological (churches as we don't offend God) or the idea that the legal carrier will somehow go nuts just because they are at sporting event (not unreasonable, given some behavior) or the ND, shooting of an innocent in that place (a school) is worse than shooting an innocent by mistake in McDonald's). The strategy has been since the beginning to ban so many places as to make carry inconvenient and not worth it.

Leaving a gun in the car - can be stolen, putting on and off (ND), AIWB, OWB - exposure of the gun to folks. So make that illegal and carry becomes a pain.

We will see. TX had the various signs for CHL, LTC, OC, 51% etc. If NYS comes up with a signage system, I can see the major stores quickly adopting them. That would make most of my trips out to be screwed up if (see leaving in the car is a problem). TX had a gun culture and many stores resisted the signage for concealed, but adopted OC signs. Don't know the situation on constitutional as I'm not there anymore.

Again - boring Glenn, that's why property bans decided by MUH RIGHTZ and not technical issues is a terrible risk for useful carry.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"

I wonder how long he's been saving that?
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post

I wonder how long he's been saving that?
    I dunno, but I've been saving this JPG for like two or three months now.
    Name:  thomas laser eyes.jpg
Views: 370
Size:  73.0 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Is there a rational list of sensitive places?
    Courtrooms
    Prisons / Jails
    Airplanes.

/end

I don't want Cleetus to be fat fingering his Taurus at 35,000 feet and AD the window.

Other than that, I want to carry any place where a potential shooter would be able to carry. Which is everywhere. Including schools. Especially schools.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun View Post
    @joshs Congratulations! I suspect Josh may be out celebrating somewhere. It will be interesting to see Josh's comments when he finally checks back in.

This is good for us all here at PF. I suppose New York politicians are calling in refills of Xanax and looking for their quiet, safe places right now.

We have a Florida Man thread. We might need to start a New York Man thread for photos of the first folks who dare to "bear" in public.
    This is an interesting decision. We had a microcosm of this in Seattle 10-12 years ago. Our state law prohibits cities from making laws that run against the state constitution. Open carry is legal in this state and has been forever. Seattle police would arrest anyone for open carry until some folks sued and it was pointed out that the police couldn't legally arrest anyone for open carry. It took awhile but the police stopped arresting people and then inform the public that they would not respond to some hysterical citizen calling 911 when they saw a pistol in someone's holster. Although I don't see anyone that open carries in the city, never did, the police had to eventually educate the public about this. My understanding now is unless the individual has the pistol/revolver in their hand they just blow it off.

It all settles down after a few years and people don't OC anymore than they used to. This may have some implications on concealed carry though. NY and a few other states may become shall issue with some pressure from the SC decision. That's where I want this to go. They can come inline with the rest of the country. It won't hurt them a damn bit although they won't go quietly.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Anyone have a link to the Alito opinion document?
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinion...0-843_7j80.pdf

See page 70

So for the legal folks - how will this become operative (back to lower courts, legislature) and what will be the attempts to thwart 'easy' shall issue carry? That's the next step.

User Tag List