Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gawd Joe Buck is annoying!

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    I watch a lot of baseball via MLB Extra Innings, so I hear a lot of play by play.

Local announcers can be partisan apologists for their team, but some of them call a game straight up. A good/bad play, no matter who makes it, gets the same treatment. Network announcers fucking suck, because they cannot shut up, and what they're saying frequently has little to do with the game taking place in front of them.

I always thought radio was the best for football or baseball, because they have to describe the game in detail. In the days of broadcast TV, I used to have the game on TV muted, while listening to the radio announcers.
    I can't find any radio live broadcasts anymore. I used to listen to Mariners games on the radio but I guess that's a thing of the past. I dislike what cable/dish and pay-to-view has done to sports.

And why do the black players have to do their choreography in the end zone after a touch down? I noticed that the QB is never part of that. Is it not a team effort? I don't see that in college football.

The NFL is FUBAR.
    Last edited by Borderland; 11-29-2021 at 09:37 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I can't find any radio live broadcasts anymore. I used to listen to Mariners games on the radio but I guess that's a thing of the past. I dislike what cable/dish and pay-to-view has done to sports.

And why do the black players have to do their choreography in the end zone after a touch down? I noticed that the QB is never part of that. Is it not a team effort? I don't see that in college football.

The NFL is FUBAR.
    You probably feel that way because almost 70% of the players in the NFL are black. If I had to bet the percentages are even higher in the positions (receivers and backs) that make it into the end zone. So, it follows that the majority of folks in the end zone would be black.

I do notice that regardless of race/color/ethnicity, most anyone who scores a TD celebrates. On TDs occurring from plays in the red zone, you often see nearly the entire team celebrating in the end zone.

As for QB's not showing up, sometimes the TD occurs on a long yardage play and the QB is close to mid-field.

ETA: As for college football, I don't know, I'm a KU fan so in recent years haven't seen many touchdowns. Seriously, college teams celebrate, they are just more likely to be penalized than the NFL, probably a reason it doesn't seem as out of hand.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Deleted to make my life simpler.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Network announcers fucking suck, because they cannot shut up
    I always wondered what made my dad so angry, now I understand...

User Tag List