Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gawd Joe Buck is annoying!

Just enjoying his call on a GB vs LA game and looked this up.

https://mashable.com/article/joe-buc...QM0tx33kRZr4J4

Interesting
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

You had to ruin a perfectly good Sunday by mentioning that godforsaken jackass?

What next...?

There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by jtcarm View Post
    I never understood how he made it into football play-by-play (aside from his dad).

But but forcing the MLB faithful to listen to the smarmy little prick in the playoffs is sacrilege.

This guy has the right idea.

Lost me at $16 beer

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    You had to ruin a perfectly good Sunday by mentioning that godforsaken jackass?

What next...?

because during the broadcast I was reminded of the this thread and then searched on "why do people hate Joe Buck". There were a lot of results! None that I found compelling but dang, that's a thing! LOL

I guess it's mostly the nepotism which is so widespread across so many fields esp the most popular celebs and pols I kind of missed it.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I watch a lot of baseball via MLB Extra Innings, so I hear a lot of play by play.

Local announcers can be partisan apologists for their team, but some of them call a game straight up. A good/bad play, no matter who makes it, gets the same treatment. Network announcers fucking suck, because they cannot shut up, and what they're saying frequently has little to do with the game taking place in front of them.

I always thought radio was the best for football or baseball, because they have to describe the game in detail. In the days of broadcast TV, I used to have the game on TV muted, while listening to the radio announcers.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Annoying? Not if you don't watch football. When the politicization started I stopped watching.

I guess I still disagree with what appears to be the majority of folks' opinion about Buck. As mentioned, some announcers can't shut up, and 90% of what they are saying has nothing to do with what is unfolding on the field. I view this as one of Buck's strengths . . . . . he doesn't talk just to hear himself talk.

But then given how infrequently I watch ANY sporting event on television, my opinion on this subject really has no significance.

Quote Originally Posted by 1911Nut View Post
    it traditionally takes very little from insufferable pricks to greatly annoy me, but Joe Buck has never bothered me at all.

Maybe I am not paying attention.

And I usually do pay attention, because (according to those whom know me) it takes very, very little to annoy me.

Whom? I like it.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Just enjoying his call on a GB vs LA game and looked this up.

https://mashable.com/article/joe-buc...QM0tx33kRZr4J4

Interesting
    Fudge Packers beat LA on Sunday. I don't know who Joe Buck is and I don't care. I'm not watching 2 hours of commercials and listen to some half wit sports personality to see 15 minutes of football. I couldn't even if I wanted to. You Tube with a 24 hour delay is great.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Whom? I like it.
    If that's correct . . . . thanks!

If it's incorrect . . . . . that's a typo!

User Tag List