Thread: Staccato C Grip Wrap

Staccato C Grip Wrap

After carrying my Staccato C for about a month I started considering sending the lower out for a stipple job. I completely understand Staccato's decision to provide a very mild texture on the C given it's clearly a firearm targeted at concealed carry applications. In the final hours I decided to attempt a DIY grip tape job. Tested the gun today with defensive ammo and the mild rubber bump texture made a big difference in recoil control. Only too me about 45 minutes although I nearly forgot to invert the template when I was pasting on the back side of the grip tape. Was particularly pleased with being able to do a one-piece with wrap around the front strap. Highly recommend for those with a C. Results are shown below. Name:  Left-side Grip and Front Strap.jpg
Views: 842
Size:  56.2 KBName:  Right-side Grip.jpg
Views: 601
Size:  64.9 KB

Nicely done! Hope it holds up for you.

Site Supporter
    Looks good and functional.

I suspect you could replace that "tape" with the same stuff again and/or any number of adhesive materials (i.e. 3m anti slip stair tape) a number of times before that cost would exceed the cost of a send out texture job, particularly if that "lower" is a "serialized" frame so to speak.

As someone who textures grips on the side and has done a few Glocks merely on the side as the principal objective of such was not livelihood and/or profit, permanent "texturing" will likely increase the "grip" on the gun, but it can lower/flatten the value.

The DIY approach here can lead to positive functional results which are sometimes rather attractive as well. There is always a risk of "frame" damage absent the right tools and a patient, deft touch.

Let us know what you do.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

I The C grip can't be R&R'ed without voiding the warranty, not the case with the 2011 configurations. There are outfits that will accept a lower FFL to FFL and stipple, but it's not cheap and there is no going back. I'm thinking of refining the template and having a local machine shop create a metal template. Probably not necessary as my past-life experience with the Talon material is very positive.

User Tag List