Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nightstick TWM-30

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    I have 2 of the earlier versions - the 350 and the 850. They fit fine in Safariland holsters but I don’t remember trying them in the omnivore for a Streamlight. This new model looks like it has a longer bezel. I like them. I’m running an 854 on my SBR. The screw for the backplate is really my only hangup with the 3 that I have. I do like the adapter plates on yours better than the old style. Much more robust and user friendly.

Attachment 79177
    That has a strong TLR vibe especially the clamp for the rail.

So I guess they've been using the Phillips screw for awhile? Must not be something the average consumer complains about then. Still I think they could come up with something that's as positive but easier to open. Maybe a little spring-loaded cap that is pushed and turned? Or, as I've been harping on the whole thread, a removable head.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    That has a strong TLR vibe especially the clamp for the rail.

So I guess they've been using the Phillips screw for awhile? Must not be something the average consumer complains about then. Still I think they could come up with something that's as positive but easier to open. Maybe a little spring-loaded cap that is pushed and turned? Or, as I've been harping on the whole thread, a removable head.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    I agree they could come up with a better way to secure the battery cap. But anything else would probably cost more to manufacture and if that drove the retail cost up I don’t think it would be as appealing to most of the people who buy them. I bought all of my Nightstick lights for less than $100 each. New (854 an 550) and used (350 and 850). The 350 and 850 I bought to play around with and use as loaners. The 550 and 854 have turned into the lights I use at work.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

I’ll also say this, nightstick has been very helpful. I bought the 850 used and didn’t read the fine print - it didn’t come with the interchangeable cross bars for the different rail systems. When I reached out to them to buy them, they sent them free of charge. And when I asked about something to control the pressure switch wires they did the same thing - sent me what I needed free of charge.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

I picked up a couple of the FDE versions for $50 from bereli last fall.

I'm not a cop, military, not even a security dude anymore. But I'm very happy with them. I prefer this switch over the TLR1-HL and it's sure as hell brighter than my TLR-7A (of course).

It's a chonky boi, sure. I have it mounted part time on my G45 and it fits a Safariland 7000 series just fine (not unexpected for a gun bucket holster).

I was carrying it concealed for months attached to a PSA Dagger S frame (G45 size) in a IWB from Bordertown Holsters (he lists the TWM-30 specifically, although it might just be the TLR1-HL mold slightly oversized). On the Dagger, I switched the #2 key for the #1 and that brought the switch closer to the hand while still fitting appropriately.

The #1 key causes the front of the light to be slightly tilted up when mounted to the G45, so I had to switch back to the #2 key.

I'm pretty local to Bayco, so I figured if I had any major problems, I could just camp out at their front door 😁

User Tag List