Page 67 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

Thread: Kyle Rittenhouse Trial.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Also: A hung jury means the state can re-try the case, if they want to, correct?
    Yes, no verdict means that jeopardy doesn't attach so they can re-try.

Sometimes that happens, sometimes it doesn't. Many factors involved in the decision to retry, mainly feasibility and often, to some extent, optics.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Why so much jury fanfic and no discussion of real things really happening outside. Like this brass-balled masterpiece:

Name:  FEgc1ZpXIAcKCuh.jpg
Views: 503
Size:  71.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    Another day of deliberations done. No verdict.

I'm smelling a hung jury.
    Yeah; I have a bad feeling about this.

Two overarching thoughts: one, nothing would surprise me at this point. And two, we will be unpacking takeaways on this one for years. Definitely one of the more interesting of the high-profile, emotionally contentious cases in a couple of years cram filled with such cases.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Student
    More on the MSNBC thing:
    (Post Millenial)

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Told you guys not to try and anticipate a jury. I've seen "regular " murders take multiple days.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Told you guys not to try and anticipate a jury. I've seen "regular " murders take multiple days.
    Juries are truly a wild card. My fastest verdict was 4 mins. I’ve had some go overnight and into the next day. All of my trials have been less than 3 or 4 days, and had less than 20 pieces of evidence admitted. Sometimes there’s a holdout. Sometimes they just want to see everything again. Sometimes there’s true deliberation. Sometimes they just want to go home. The more I dealt with juries, the less I believed I could figure out any sort of behavior. Even the typical stereotypes (if they look at you/don’t look at you, nod, cross their arms, whatever) aren’t reliable. My last jury was nodding along and giving me every sign possible that they were buying my argument (I literally had a juror finish one of my sentences in closing when I paused to take a breath), and they ruled against me in 20 mins.

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    Agree. It's also interesting to see the articles starting to crop up in New Republic and similar outlets saying, "Well, if you had stopped the riots when you had the chance, then this wouldn't have happened."

I especially like this one: https://www.politico.com/news/magazi...-owners-522562

I think the tide is beginning to turn against the progressives.

With any luck, it will soon become unfashionable to dox a jury member, then it will go back to being unthinkable.

Okie John
    Man, is that a trap or something?

Quote Originally Posted by SCCY Marshal View Post
    Name:  1637030614849m.jpg
Views: 479
Size:  62.2 KB
    This is art.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

User Tag List