Page 2 of 93 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Kyle Rittenhouse Trial.

Site Supporter
    They worked til 1900ish CST (GMT-5)
    And got the jury picked.
    Opening statements tomorrow in the am.

https://www.wisn.com/amp/article/kyl...onsin/38117055
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven_Sicks_Two View Post
    That was a lot of split-screen action… I’ve seen previous videos and stills, and thought I had a good idea of what went on.
    Even with some understanding of the sequence of events, I couldn’t glean much information from this “new” video. Which would lead me to conclude that a jury would have even more difficulty, even with someone explaining it to them.

Anyone care to describe what new perspective this video offers? Because I certainly can’t.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    That was a lot of split-screen action… I’ve seen previous videos and stills, and thought I had a good idea of what went on.
    Even with some understanding of the sequence of events, I couldn’t glean much information from this “new” video. Which would lead me to conclude that a jury would have even more difficulty, even with someone explaining it to them.

Anyone care to describe what new perspective this video offers? Because I certainly can’t.
    Hard to see for sure, but it appears to show (1) people starting to chase him entirely unprovoked while he is shouting "Friendly" to try to get them to stop, (2) someone else in the crowd firing the first shot, (3) Rosenbaum throwing something that is definitely not just a "plastic bag" like the media has claimed, (4) Rosenbaum (first dead guy) catching up to Rittenhouse as he is running away and appearing to lunge toward him just before/at the same moment as Rittenhouse's first shot.

Takes some unpacking and freeze-frames, but IMO this is yet more evidence that the charges are bullshit.

I expect a shit show of epic proportions if (likely when) Kyle only gets convicted of he unlawful possession, and nothing more.

Much like George Zimmerman, Kyle put himself in a stupid situation and got in over his head. But that does not mean he has no right to prevent his own own agg assault/murder.

As always, "avoid stupid places, filled with stupid people, doing stupid things." that advice alone would save so many folks so much headache.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Quote Originally Posted by Seven_Sicks_Two View Post
    Leeroy Jenkins is clearly alive and well. I'd like to see the location of Gaige Grosskreutz during all of that, but I guess that's a different trial.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    I expect a shit show of epic proportions if (likely when) Kyle only gets convicted of he unlawful possession, and nothing more.

Much like George Zimmerman, Kyle put himself in a stupid situation and got in over his head. But that does not mean he has no right to prevent his own own agg assault/murder.

As always, "avoid stupid places, filled with stupid people, doing stupid things." that advice alone would save so many folks so much headache.
    Perfectly / succinctly stated.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    If nothing else, guilty it innocent, this whole shit show does reaffirm to me the fact that violence in the real world is mostly ugly, stupid and inconclusive.

And that the effects of that violence can easily follow you around for a very long time.

Not at all as glorious or cathartic as Hollywood, Call of Duty or 4chan might have you believe.

Damn, maybe there is something to that avoidance and de-escalation if it's not your job to extend violence unto others

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

After watching what I could of the trial and clips this week. I can say the prosecution is doing a great job....for the defense. At least two of the witnesses, Ryan Balch and Richard McGinnis, supported the defense calm of self-defense.

In fact Ryan Balch testified that Rosenbaum said to him and Rittenhouse "If I catch any of you guys alone tonight I'm going to fucking kill you".

Go to the 49-minute mark.

</span>
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

User Tag List