Page 84 of 93 FirstFirst ... 34748283848586 ... LastLast

Thread: Kyle Rittenhouse Trial.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Was Rittenhouse actually associated with the Proud Boys? I'm trying to field questions from friends.
    No he wasn't.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

True. But still, don’t pose for pics with people when you are fighting for your freedom in court.
    Maybe grab some carryout and go home instead of hanging out in a bar.

ETA: OTOH, I remembered we are talking about Wisconsin, and I have been to Wisconsin, and I remember there being a lotta bars...
    Last edited by mmc45414; 11-20-2021 at 07:41 AM.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    I guess I'm missing the significance of being in a bar. Maybe it's a midwest thing, but a lot of what people call "bars" are actually "taverns" here. It's both perfectly legal and perfectly normal to have families eating in one. Those under 21 can not sit at the actual bar, but are fine in the dining area.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

I’m just glad it’s over, and that the jury did the right thing,by not caving into the threats heaved at them. The asshole who calls himself a prosecutor, should be disbarred, he’s a sorry excuse of a attorney. He tried to convict based on a pretty weak case that was full of holes, weak on actual facts,and based pretty much on his tribe’s fweelings… He’s a world-class jackoff, and I’m being nice. For once justice prevailed.

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    ...that clucking fuckwad pretending to be a prosecutor wore a Millennium Falcon pin on his suit. Wearing a pin of a fictional smuggling ship captained by a guy who literally shot a dude first for having pulled on him... there's just no word for that level of obtuse irony in the English lexicon that I'm aware of.
    Surely, Binger can't really be that dull. The more I think about it, the more I think that that prosecution show was just an act, a carefully calculated act, created expressly to feed the demanding fast-food sound-bite appetite of the mass media. "... a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, and signifying nothing." Lots of sound bites, though. Surely, Binger can't really be that dull and, surely, he has an ego of his own, so - I think - perhaps, in the midst of this act, in a trial that he knew could not be won, he felt compelled to wink, as it were.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I guess I'm missing the significance of being in a bar. Maybe it's a midwest thing, but a lot of what people call "bars" are actually "taverns" here. It's both perfectly legal and perfectly normal to have families eating in one. Those under 21 can not sit at the actual bar, but are fine in the dining area.
    That is true here. Many local places have a clear and classic bar section and a restaurant section. We ate at a very upscale one the other night (and dropped quite a few 9mm boxes in cash value). It had a glass and brass modern bar with classy dressed young folks at the bar and we went to the restaurant section. Similarly, a dive like one down the street has a great bar where I enjoy an awesome burger and local beer while in the restaurant section, families of regular folks with their kids demolish fish fry and wings.

To the issue, yeah - Kyle didn't need to go to a bar and wear a silly tee shirt. So what, it's over on those dimensions. Was he still working with the crappy PR oriented for themselves lawyers at the time? A real lawyer would lock you in your room.

True. But still, don’t pose for pics with people when you are fighting for your freedom in court.
    IIRC his bail was 2 million dollars. I didn't donate to his bail fund. Did you?

I don't think that showing appreciation to the point of being moderately social with people who did necessarily reflects poor judgement. While the data breach of the crowdfunding site showed that a wide swath of people were willing to support him anonymously, not as many were willing to do so publicly.
    Last edited by MickAK; 11-20-2021 at 09:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I have never set foot in Wisconsin but I understand it to be the case that if you aren't in a bar by age 17 you are of suspect moral character. If I had to guess it has something to do with the geographic proximity to Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    I have never set foot in Wisconsin but I understand it to be the case that if you aren't in a bar by age 17 you are of suspect moral character. If I had to guess it has something to do with the geographic proximity to Canada.
    I've been to the Milwaukee area many times for work. I thought the locals were suspect if they weren't packing at least 6-12 oz. of cheese. Unless they had just consumed the cheese and were headed out to replenish their EDC.

I know one thing, some of the folks I saw in that Wisconsin courtroom better lay off the bratwurst...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List