Page 82 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast

Thread: Kyle Rittenhouse Trial.

Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    Oh, I understand that. However, what I learned in my countless debates with my illiberal friends (former friends) that facts, statistics, and reasons don't work. What works is revealing how illiberal, hypocritical, and undemocratic they have become. I no longer believe that they are uninformed. Deep down inside even the most ignorant know what really happened. They are willing to accept pretty much any illegal ruling because of their political justification. So approach them from the moral ground . That was my point
    Actually this was a friend who celebrated the verdict. We were discussing Black Rifle coffee and related issues.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I need to start following her better...

Attachment 80222
    Quoting myself here, but juSt wondering what constitutes peaceful arson?...

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    Oh, I understand that. However, what I learned in my countless debates with my illiberal friends (former friends) that facts, statistics, and reasons don't work. What works is revealing how illiberal, hypocritical, and undemocratic they have become. I no longer believe that they are uninformed. Deep down inside even the most ignorant know what really happened. They are willing to accept pretty much any illegal ruling because of their political justification. So approach them from the moral ground . That was my point
    A source they might respond to:

https://www.npr.org/2021/11/19/10574...sion-to-acquit

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    NPR has a text site for limited bandwidth and denial of ad revenue plus a bit less tracking:

https://prod-text.npr.org/1001

And that article is also posted there:

https://prod-text.npr.org/2021/11/19...sion-to-acquit

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    Thanks! "Phuc Yoo" is now added to their list . . . :-) :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    But no other connection to them or other far right extremists? Especially prior to the incident?
    One point I’d bring up is that the prosecution had (provided through counsel) Rittenhouse’s phone.

I think if there was some indication on that phone that Rittenhouse was there to shoot up (whoever) or had strong feelings about the racial nature of the protests, the prosecution would have sought to introduce that (likely would have been the subject of pretrial litigation - and thus reported on). Can stuff be deleted from phones? Yes. Is modern cell phone analysis pretty good at finding deleted stuff? Also yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    But no other connection to them or other far right extremists? Especially prior to the incident?
    If anyone still thinks NPR holds any credibility:

"...Rittenhouse himself is not known to be a member of an extremist group..."

- https://prod-text.npr.org/2021/11/19...ation-violence

Let me be PERFECTLY CLEAR.

If anyone, anyone at all gets hurt at a Rittenhouse verdict protest it is the direct fault of the ASSHOLES who have a problem with lawful activity and a just verdict!
    They'll just sue the city like Grosskreutz did thinking there will be a payday for failure to control the riot that he participated in. In a perfect riot control scenario he would have been arrested for a firearms violation and taken into custody for numerous violations. Instead the prosecution tries to paint him as a victim. That's some really weird shit right there. In the wrong place at the wrong time carrying a concealed firearm without a permit and pulling it on someone who is trying his best to defend himself against a mob. That gets voted down every damn time by a jury.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    They might... it reminded me this funny quote from Matt Taibbi:
    "NPR — whose tone these days is so precious and exclusive that five minutes of listening to any segment makes you feel like you’re wearing a cucumber mask at a Plaza spa"

Let me be PERFECTLY CLEAR.

If anyone, anyone at all gets hurt at a Rittenhouse verdict protest it is the direct fault of the ASSHOLES who have a problem with lawful activity and a just verdict!

"And now you understand. Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobody's fault... it won't matter. I'm gonna blow your head off. No matter what else happens, no matter who gets killed, I'm gonna blow your head off."
    -Big Jake

User Tag List