Page 48 of 93 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: Kyle Rittenhouse Trial.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    Why would the judge dismiss the gun charge now and not before the trial began?
    It crossed my mind that doing it right at the end presents a little in-a-nutshell vignette to the jury demonstrating the kind of b.s. games the prosecution has been playing all along. Not necessarily a bad thing for Mr. Rittenhouse.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

And the DA in closing, is manufacturing minutia and narrating a fallacy by showing frame by frame video making it seem like planned and deliberate action on Rittenhouse's part. Reality is totally different from his narrative and I find it despicable that we allow this shit to happen in our courtrooms. Now he's moving on to the "deadly ammunition" part.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1980 View Post
    And the DA in closing, is manufacturing minutia and narrating a fallacy by showing frame by frame video making it seem like planned and deliberate action on Rittenhouse's part. Reality is totally different from his narrative and I find it despicable that we allow this shit to happen in our courtrooms. Now he's moving on to the "deadly ammunition" part.

I half expect the judge to beat this guy bloody with an empty coffee mug. The clown deserves it, if anyone does.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

The DA makes me sick.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    Why would the judge dismiss the gun charge now and not before the trial began?
    The state had the opportunity to put on evidence that the exception to the statute didn't apply. They didn't do that. It wouldn't have been appropriate to dismiss that charge before trial.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Jeffery Toobin, of stroking fame, said on CNN that these are the worst set of instructions that he ever heard.
    I haven't had time to listen to the instructions, but weren't they just Wisconsin's standard jury instructions? https://wilawlibrary.gov/jury/crimin...jectindex.html The discussion I saw on instructions last Friday was about what instructions to give, I didn't see any attempts to alter the standard language.

Is there any news on the "Motion to Dismiss" ? Does it require to be done at a specific step during or after closing or did the Defense just not do it?

Already denied, I heard.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    Since the rifle provision is an exception to the general prohibition on minors possessing dangerous weapons, the prosecution likely was trying to say that the exception was effectively an affirmative defense. That would at least put the burden of production on the defense, but I'm not familiar enough with how Wisconsin law generally treats exceptions in statutes.
    Thanks, Josh.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Defense just called the DA a liar in front of the jury.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

User Tag List