Page 83 of 93 FirstFirst ... 33738182838485 ... LastLast

Thread: Kyle Rittenhouse Trial.

It's a frightening shame that people who would consider themselves compassionate liberals (like the currently ill-named ACLU) are now more than willing to dump things like Due Process, Presumption of Innocence, and other long standing legal protections in exchange for a return to witch hunts and lynchings based on tribal affiliations.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Depends on who is assassinating your character…

It was extremely poor judgment for Rittenhouse to pose with those guys prior to the trial.
    you're assuming he knew who they were.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Did we do this one? Doesn't matter if we did, honestly:

Name:  F8388AF2-0D26-48ED-953A-AF4A36045BA1.jpg
Views: 548
Size:  17.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    you're assuming he knew who they were.
    True. But still, don’t pose for pics with people when you are fighting for your freedom in court.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Did we do this one? Doesn't matter if we did, honestly:

Name:  F8388AF2-0D26-48ED-953A-AF4A36045BA1.jpg
Views: 548
Size:  17.8 KB
    I mentioned that in the BS thread, a couple days after that clucking fuckwad pretending to be a prosecutor wore a Millennium Falcon pin on his suit. Wearing a pin of a fictional smuggling ship captained by a guy who literally shot a dude first for having pulled on him... there's just no word for that level of obtuse irony in the English lexicon that I'm aware of.

True. But still, don’t pose for pics with people when you are fighting for your freedom in court.
    I'm not trying to be purely argumentative, but that's spoken from the experience of an adult, not a kid with little to no hard earned real world experience with such things.
    To me, it's like the multi-million lottery winners, who are broke (or worse, negative) after 6 months to a year after winning.
    Me being a reasonable, conservative person who's made his share of fuck ups in the 48 times I've gone around the sun, I can give the boy a bit of a pass on not knowing who and who not to have a picture taken with, or in general avoiding them all together.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Especially, as was reported, in a bar.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    Especially, as was reported, in a bar.
    What’s a 17 year old doing in a bar ?

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    I mentioned that in the BS thread, a couple days after that clucking fuckwad pretending to be a prosecutor wore a Millennium Falcon pin on his suit. Wearing a pin of a fictional smuggling ship captained by a guy who literally shot a dude first for having pulled on him... there's just no word for that level of obtuse irony in the English lexicon that I'm aware of.
    Are you telling me you think there is some level of cognitive dissonance there? That an Imperial Prosecutor could watch the clear video evidence of the shooting that occurred in the Mos Eisely Cantina, and then not charge Captain Solo for murdering Greedo*?

Maybe that's the problem. Maybe Binger has only watched the new version of New Hope, where Greedo shoots first. And as a result the Imperial Prosecutor believes that Solo was acting in self-defense.

*We're also just ignoring the fact that there was a legitimate bounty on Captain Solo's head for skipping out on the loan given by Jabba. And that Solo was wanted on both Tattoine and by the Empire. And therefore Greedo was a legitimate Bounty Hunter operating in an official capacity and therefore self defense is not a legitimate defense to the shooting of Greedo. Plus, we have video evidence of Solo carrying and discharging a weapon during the commission of any number of intergalactic felonies...

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    What’s a 17 year old doing in a bar ?
    My understanding is that he was accompanied by his mother and in Wisconsin, where under 21 can drink with a parent present.

If I was on my way to a homicide trial, I might not think it was a swell idea, anyway.

User Tag List