Page 59 of 93 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast

Thread: Kyle Rittenhouse Trial.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Not HighSpeed View Post
    For what its worth, apparently there are two holdouts on the jury, citing "potential backlash", according to Jack Posobiec.
    Will they buy ARs after this?
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    Allegedly from the Marshals Service.
    If that's true, a DUSM is in for a rough time at work.

Count me skeptical.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post

Count me skeptical.
    That guy’s account rings every warning bell I have as an untrustworthy social media attention whore. You know, just enough truth often enough to keep people re-tweeting what he says.

I’ll wait for the verdict myself.

I said something similar on another board; how the hell could he know that, or even find that out legitimately.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

For what its worth, apparently there are two holdouts on the jury, citing "potential backlash", according to Jack Posobiec.
    This really depresses me, if true. I only dimly remember my court jury duty summons (called, never served) and one thing that hit me was the video explaining the bedrock principle of the right of trial by a jury of your peers (or something like that, IANAL).

We are lost if people are going to be intimidated by a pack of thugs.

Why would a U.S. Marshal have anything to do with State court trial? Sound like BS.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Elwin View Post
    How would one know this?
    Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    Allegedly from the Marshals Service.
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I hope that's not true.

On both counts.
    Jack Posobiec said it came from a US Marshal in the courthouse. Must be feeding him information. There are some screenshots from Jack's twitter thread about it, also now citing threats to jurors, doxxing. I don't know the accuracy of it all.

I'm trying to post a pic of the thread but it isn't working.

For what it's worth, the walls in the courthouse must be thin because a clerk has come out and told Judge Shroeder that "the jury can hear him in the library" when he's yelled at Binger during the trial.
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post

Count me skeptical.
    Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    Why would a U.S. Marshal have anything to do with State court trial? Sound like BS.
    Exactly.

USMS handles federal court matters. State court security is handled by either County Sheriffs or State Court Officers depending on the state. So why would a DUSM be “inside” the state courthouse with access to jury deliberations ? The answer is they wouldn’t.

Plus wouldn’t both leaks of jury deliberations and jurors holding out based on factors not in the jury instructions (like backlash) be grounds for a mistrial or at least removal of the jurors in question and their replacement with alternates ?

Probisec was also a big proponent of the “PizzaGate” conspiracy which later morphed into the QAnon conspiracy. Consider the source.
    Last edited by HCM; 11-16-2021 at 06:56 PM.

Jurors headed home. No verdict today.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    ...regardless of the technical principle that “force is force” regardless of type, the reality is in our society shooting a threat is more socially acceptable to layman than other forms of deadly physical force such as stabbing, beating etc. Rightly or not, in America shooting a threat conveys to the layman (I.e. potential juror) that you believed the subject was a deadly threat.
    Don't use your gun as a club. There are seldom occasions when use of a club is required to subdue a prisoner or to defend yourself. If the situation has gotten that far out of control, use of the gun for the purpose for which it was designed will likely be in order. And, in establishing the "amount of force which was necessary," you will probably find it easier to convince a coroner's jury that you didn't shoot him too much than that you didn't hit him too hard.

- Bill Jordan (pg 111, 'Gunfighting', No Second Place Winner)

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Exactly.

USMS handles federal court matters. State court security is handled by either County Sheriffs or State Court Officers depending on the state. So why would a DUSM be “inside” the state courthouse with access to jury deliberations ? The answer is they wouldn’t.

Plus wouldn’t both leaks of jury deliberations and jurors holding out based on factors not in the jury instructions (like backlash) be grounds for a mistrial or at least removal of the jurors in question and their replacement with alternates ?

Probisec was also a big proponent of the “PizzaGate” conspiracy which later morphed into the QAnon conspiracy. Consider the source.
    I was a juror in a federal drug trial some years ago. The only way the FPS guy doing bailiff duty could have known what was going on inside the jury room, was if a juror told him.

User Tag List