Page 78 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast

Thread: Kyle Rittenhouse Trial.

"This wasn’t a disinformation campaign waged by Reddit trolls or anonymous Twitter accounts. It was one pushed by the mainstream media and sitting members of Congress for the sake of an expedient political narrative—a narrative that asked people to believe, among other unrealities, that blocks of burning buildings somehow constituted peaceful protests."
    - https://bariweiss.substack.com/p/the...le-rittenhouse

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    Glad to see some semblance of sanity in this particular circus. The moment the trigger was pulled, anyone would reasonably be in fear of death or serious bodily injury, given the totality of circumstances known to the kid at the time.

He is still not a hero to me. It was still stupid to be there. But he had a right to not let himself be killed.

Lessons from THIS incident?

As always, “Avoid stupid places, full of stupid people, doing stupid things.” (The “rule of three stupids”)
    If you think, “I would not go there without a gun”, maybe you should not go there at all…
    A rifle sling is a mandatory for weapon retention.
    Cowboy boots are not good footwear when you have “to run for your life”.
    No one is coming to save you, you need to be able to handle your own situation.
    Concealed carry draws a LOT less attention to you.
    Always assume you are on camera and act accordingly.
    “A good shoot is a good shoot” will not always protect you in court.
    We should all practice clearing malfunctions quickly.
    Don’t bring a skateboard to a gunfight.
    Things you said in the past, that were recorded, could bite you in the ass in the future.
    The prosecution may not play fair.
    The vast majority of the population knows zero about the law, self defense, gun handling, ballistics, fighting, etc…

Any more to add?
    Don't start none, won't be none.
    Don't yell 'SHOOT ME, N***A!' without considering that they might oblige you.
    Don't point guns at people holding a rifle unless you're expecting to get shot.
    Don't expect an uncontrolled 'protest' to be a safe space to be a felonious dirtbag.
    Unless you're an on-duty LEO, let armed opponents disengage if they're trying to disengage
    In tough times, some folks will be tougher than you. Other folks may not be as tough, but will resort to significantly tougher methods.
    Expect the media, celebrities, elected officials, and the legal system as a whole to see you as the enemy, not the victim, no matter how obvious it may seem to you.
    You're guilty until proven innocent in the court of public opinion. Even after a verdict of innocence in court, expect the court of public opinion to still disagree and treat you as a pariah.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    Lessons from THIS incident?
    Good list.
    Variation of the rule of stupids: If you’re going to stand up to trouble, don’t go looking for it. Let it come to you.
    From my EMS training, about body language and cameras: It should be clear to someone across the street that you’re trying to calm things down(not the aggressor).

Site Supporter
    He has spoken!

I stand by what the jury has concluded,” Biden said outside of the White House. “The jury system works, and we have to abide by it,” the president said.

Shortly afterward, the White House issued a written statement by Biden.

“While the verdict in Kenosha will leave many Americans feeling angry and concerned, myself included, we must acknowledge that the jury has spoken,” Biden said.

“I ran on a promise to bring Americans together, because I believe that what unites us is far greater than what divides us,” he said.
    Clarification, someone decided that a neutral, sensible statement, the first one, was not politically correct for him. He had to be 'angry'.

What a putz.
    Last edited by Glenn E. Meyer; 11-19-2021 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    Even after a verdict of innocence in court, expect the court of public opinion to still disagree and treat you as a pariah.
    Just as a point...not as a criticism...

One is found "not guilty", not innocent...and not guilty is derived from the prosecution's failure to prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Just as a point...not as a criticism...

One is found "not guilty", not innocent...and not guilty is derived from the prosecution's failure to prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt.
    A fair point, and thank you for making that distinction. I have a lot to learn about the legal system

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    A fair point, and thank you for making that distinction. I have a lot to learn about the legal system
    It's more common than not, but I knew that you'd appreciate the distinction...and it's purpose.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    I said this elsewhere after reading a bunch of childish posts:

For all the attaboys - from my lane, Rittenhouse's attorney says he is suffering from significant PTSD. That's not trivial and you can thank him but he's not out life difficulties. Let's be real that the verdict was correct but he made a personal major mistake by being there. He needs time and professional help to establish his life. He does not need to be sucked into a whirlwind of political exploitation just to make gun folks feel all happy.

Having killed two people has had significant effects on many folks who had to do this in clear, heroic circumstances. Not everyone but his lawyer says he does.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    The US justice system is far from perfect, but there are few countries in the world where this could have happened.

Cluster - great take on this mess.

Thanks.
    "We are the domestic pets of a human zoo we call civilization."

Laurence Gonzales - "Deep Survival."

Whats going on with the News person who was following the jurors?
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

User Tag List