Page 63 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast

Thread: Kyle Rittenhouse Trial.

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post

Saying all that to say this: there may be ill intent here, but the whole notion of "chain of custody" of digital information from the original source (drone) to the first responsible person (either the officer who air dropped it or the lawyer who received it, pick one) apparently has several gaps such that-- even in one of the most watched trials in country-- no one has so far noticed or cared about. Which is interesting to me. "He airdropped it to me" and then just whatever file some tech-illiterate noob was able to shake out of his iPhone or email is accepted by the defense?
    Interesting point. Im looking forward to expert opinions on this.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Interesting point. Im looking forward to expert opinions on this.
    Which I don't claim to be but...

"This video was taken from a drone."

Which drone? Which make and model? Download the user manual from the internet. Does it write data to an SD card? Was that taken by police? I want a copy. Does it by default upload data to a cloud service? Seems like you should be able to subpoena that. Maybe you'll need a username for the drone's owner but maybe geolocation and timestamp is enough. You should be able to get that also. Generally speaking deleting data in cloud services don't immediately make the data magically go away. What's the data retention policy of the cloud service provider?

Is the drone cheap enough to buy one? Buy one a fly it around the room. Get the data from it. Does the format you got from the drone match what you got from the other side's lawyer? Not just file format but down to the minute encoding details. Why not? Does your test drone and the drone the police have use the same firmware version? If it doesn't, what did you do to it? Why can't we reproduce the data you have?

Etc. I'm obviously not a lawyer but data integrity along with chain of custody is not a complicated thing to validate. And if the defense's case hinges on the jury seeing a higher quality version of the video in question why aren't they already asking these questions? I doubt it really and truly matters in this case. It's just another thing to throw at the wall and see what sticks. But the idea that it's an afterthought instead of baked into the process seems wild.

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    The guy who videoed the Rittenhouse mele along with a battle royale of podcasters. Tried to watch but went into sensory overload after about a half hour.
    Whoa. What an alt-media hootenanny; I assume that Blair White, Michael Malice and DrewH are famous? For the record, I was kidding about having that cocktail with Alex Jones…

Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    It isn’t hard, and it avoids shit like this.
    I absolutely believe you, and thanks for that. Your ideal strikes me as exactly how this sort of thing should work when it comes to evidence and facts.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Wanting to view videos seems to me that there is debate over guilt instead of a quick, easy, not guilty. But what do I know. Internet experts said it was a slam dunk not guilty. Guess not.
    It’s possible that the acquittal was a slam dunk, but that the extra video diligence is due to A: lesser charge instructions, or B: a desire not to feel responsible for Kenosha burning. Could be a flip side that record you are playing too, sadly. I doubt we will ever know for sure from where we sit. JMO.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

The jurors are buying time to move their families to an out-of-state safe houses.

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    ...I assume that Blair White, Michael Malice and DrewH...
    Mrs. White is a trans woman of somewhat conservative leaning on YouTube. She largely makes reaction videos, which is unfortunate but still nice to see a voice outside the tumbr hivemind. The usual moderate liberal billed as conservative talkshow circuit has seen her have recurring slots with Tim Poole, Dave Rubin, etc to include an unwatchable catfight with Candice Owens. Her schtick seems less general politics and more about drawing attention to her ad revenue and the ignored opinions of moderate and conservative members of the LGBT, in that order.

Michael Malice is an arrogant, money-hungry dork billing himself as the standard face of the anarcho-libertarians. He's mostly popular with the conservatives and moderates while organized libertarians seem to mostly disregard him while accepting attention he may draw them.

No idea on the last name, thank God.

Quote Originally Posted by SCCY Marshal View Post
    Mrs. White is a trans woman of somewhat conservative leaning on YouTube. She largely makes reaction videos, which is unfortunate but still nice to see a voice outside the tumbr hivemind. The usual moderate liberal billed as conservative talkshow circuit has seen her have recurring slots with Tim Poole, Dave Rubin, etc to include an unwatchable catfight with Candice Owens. Her schtick seems less general politics and more about drawing attention to her ad revenue and the ignored opinions of moderate and conservative members of the LGBT, in that order.

Michael Malice is an arrogant, money-hungry dork billing himself as the standard face of the anarcho-libertarians. He's mostly popular with the conservatives and moderates while organized libertarians seem to mostly disregard him while accepting attention he may draw them.

No idea on the last name, thank God.
    Appreciate the info dump, thanks. I know who Alex Jones is (not a fan), I like Rogan a lot (sort of a fan), I’ve heard of Tim Poole, from this place.

If a podcast doesn’t have Cecil, Chuck, Darryl, or Craig on it repeatedly, I don’t seem have much interest. Bari Weiss seems to be a dark horse: when she finally posts her “MUC” episode, I may fall in love. Or not. I dunno. All media seem to suck these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Appreciate the info dump, thanks. I know who Alex Jones is (not a fan), I like Rogan a lot (sort of a fan), I’ve heard of Tim Poole, from this place.

If a podcast doesn’t have Cecil, Chuck, Darryl, or Craig on it repeatedly, I don’t seem have much interest. Bari Weiss seems to be a dark horse: when she finally posts her “MUC” episode, I may fall in love. Or not. I dunno. All media seem to suck these days.
    Thats what they all say then you walk into the garage and its like WHAM, where the f did u get all these autographed posters bro. 😉

JK JK! Sorry when I read that Charlie Daniels Uneasy Rider came to mind n I just couldnt pass it up.

I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Thats what they all say then you walk into the garage and its like WHAM, where the f did u get all these autographed posters bro. 😉

JK JK! Sorry when I read that Charlie Daniels Uneasy Rider came to mind n I just couldnt pass it up.

I ain’t even got a garage
    You can call home and ask my wife

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

User Tag List