Page 60 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast

Thread: Kyle Rittenhouse Trial.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Cacafuego View Post
    I was a juror in a federal drug trial some years ago. The only way the FPS guy doing bailiff duty could have known what was going on inside the jury room, was if a juror told him.
    FPS ?

IME bailiff duties are usually either DUSMs or the USMS "Blue Jacket" contractors.

Anyway, yes the confidentiality of jury deliberations is a real thing. A juror talking to Bailiffs about details of ongoing deliberations would be a serious issue in federal or state court.

More video shenanigans lead to another motion to dismiss, this time with prejudice.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-defense.html
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    It could well be financially expensive but what would the moral cost be of standing down on such a thing?

In particular, I am aware cruelty to animals and fire starting are two of the three classic precursors of violent psychopath/serial killers. Someone who would do that to a dog would do it to me or other people and I would consider them an imminent threat.

Plus, if I see them setting a dog on fire I am now a witness against them and as such they are also an imminent threat to me.
    Totally agree with first point.

Think your interpretation re two of the three precursors is probably a bridge too far any where that doesn't allow deadly force to protect property.

I would consider alternatives to deadly force that, while putting me at some risk of injury, wouldn't be likely to result in death or serious physical harm to me - in other words I'd probably take a chance. But, then, I used to skydive and I still ride dirt roads at 80+ on occasion.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    Totally agree with first point.

Think your interpretation re two of the three precursors is probably a bridge too far any where that doesn't allow deadly force to protect property.

I would consider alternatives to deadly force that, while putting me at some risk of injury, wouldn't be likely to result in death or serious physical harm to me - in other words I'd probably take a chance. But, then, I used to skydive and I still ride dirt roads at 80+ on occasion.
    Texas allows deadly force to protect property in the night time and in regard to Arson in general but it's not the norm in most states.

Then again in this example, it's not really about "property" either.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    More video shenanigans lead to another motion to dismiss, this time with prejudice.
    This prosecutor…
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Mistrial - https://legalinsurrection.com/2021/1...e/#more-370610

Lawyers, does this set the grounds for an appeal on procedural issues if there are guilty verdicts?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    1:44 Prosecutor: "our version is much clearer"

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

@HCM and others, thank you for clarifying. I didn't want to pass on bad information, saw it being discussed in a livestream and passed it on. I would think it improper for USMS to do something like that too or the JP to be so brazenly open about a source unless it was purposeful misdirection, but I would still trust the word from people here in the know, than blindly anything from social media.
    Last edited by Not HighSpeed; 11-17-2021 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Mistrial - https://legalinsurrection.com/2021/1...e/#more-370610

Lawyers, does this set the grounds for an appeal on procedural issues if there are guilty verdicts?
    Also: Does the judge need to rule on this mistrial motion before the jury's verdict is announced? Just wondering about the order of these things; as I understand, the Jury is reassembling this morning for day 2 of deliberations.

I am confused.
    We now have a surprise high resolution video and we previously had an enlarged video. Are they from the same drone?

As I understand it, if the jury pops out in two minutes with a guilty verdict before a ruling, it counts and the motion to dismiss is moot. The judge could still override the jury but that seems a real rarity.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

User Tag List