Page 66 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast

Thread: Kyle Rittenhouse Trial.

Site Supporter
    So, my wife was watching commentary from several lawyers talking about self-defense regarding this case.
    She found statements from Andrew Branca to be interesting and useful.

I seem to remember comments here (on P-F) about a defense lawyer who had no cases in states were he was commenting, and whose office address is the same as a Mailboxes Etc, or UPS Store in Colorado.

Is Andrew Branca that guy, or am I thinking of someone else?

ETA - he does seem to list the same address as a UPS store in Castle Rock Colorado.
    More information, reminders, or opinion is welcome.
    Last edited by GyroF-16; 11-18-2021 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    So, my wife was watching commentary from several lawyers talking about self-defense regarding this case.
    She found statements from Andrew Branca to be interesting and useful.

I seem to remember comments here (on P-F) about a defense lawyer who had no cases in states were he was commenting, and whose office address is the same as a Mailboxes Etc, or UPS Store in Colorado.

Is Andrew Branca that guy, or am I thinking of someone else?
    That guy.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

3 fucking days to deliberate clear-cut self defense. Absolute bullshit

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    3 fucking days to deliberate clear-cut self defense. Absolute bullshit
    There are many reasons a jury can be out three days.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    There are many reasons a jury can be out three days.
    Fear of riots for delivering the “wrong” verdict doesn’t help that situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    More information, reminders, or opinion is welcome.
    Poor connection so I can't pull up his "about me" or whatever but he's been a consultant to other lawyers' cases for his entire career. Take that as you will explaining his lack of courtroom bonafides with a grain of all consultants are sociopaths.

My wife is getting worried, saying she's afraid they're going to crucify the kid. Told her they probably want to make it look like they had a gut-wrenching decision to make so the lefties don't think the jury just said "fuck it" and let the kid off the hook.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldherkpilot View Post
    My wife is getting worried, saying she's afraid they're going to crucify the kid. Told her they probably want to make it look like they had a gut-wrenching decision to make so the lefties don't think the jury just said "fuck it" and let the kid off the hook.
    Agree. It's also interesting to see the articles starting to crop up in New Republic and similar outlets saying, "Well, if you had stopped the riots when you had the chance, then this wouldn't have happened."

I especially like this one: https://www.politico.com/news/magazi...-owners-522562

I think the tide is beginning to turn against the progressives.

With any luck, it will soon become unfashionable to dox a jury member, then it will go back to being unthinkable.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by Oldherkpilot View Post
    Kyle Rittenhouse even if acquitted will not have a normal life post verdict. If a mistrial occurs and there is no further prosecution he will forever be labeled a murderer by the left. The kid is going to have a tough road ahead.

Now the jury. The jury hangs and the judge declares a mistrial. The jurors get to walk away with the benefit of doubt. "Yes, I voted to convict but there was a holdout". The Mob doesn't know who the good and bad folks are. The Mob can't seek retribution.

The longer the jury stays out the more I’m guessing a hung jury.

User Tag List