Page 31 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast

Thread: Kyle Rittenhouse Trial.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    Prosecution team performance is on par with the original O.J. trial, except in this instance, they don't even have the benefit of a legitimate case to prosecute.
    I think they're making the right argument for the people that they need to be on the jury (I'll admit that in some ways they've done that poorly). For the prosecution, this case was never going to be won on the facts with a neutral, unbiased jury. Their hope has to be that enough jurors have a bias against someone who would show up to a protest with an AR that they can win at least on the lesser reckless endangerment charge. That's why Binger says "AR15" every chance he gets.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    Is it normal for a trial to continue without ruling on a motion for mistrial?
    A motion for a mistrial is not normal, one that isn't answered immediately isn't normal, and a granted mistrial is very abnormal...so I can't say. I think I've seen a total of two mistrials in my career, and a hand full of times the judge has threatened one without any motion from either table.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    That's why Binger says "AR15" every chance he gets.
    I’ve been keying on this since I started watching (late to the party as usual). You are absolutely correct.

Hey, can we start some new phraseology? “Hey, dude, come check out my new American Rifle, AR for short.” Of course, even if that caught on, there seem to be those in this country who would be offended by the word “American”, so never mind...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    Prosecution team performance is on par with the original O.J. trial, except in this instance, they don't even have the benefit of a legitimate case to prosecute.
    As JoshS alluded to, I strongly suspect this " they don't even have the benefit of a legitimate case to prosecute" is why we are seeing the "shenanigans" and sub par performance from the prosecutors. They are a mirror image of shenanigans one see's from defense council with a guilty client.

The powers that be in WI don't really care about Rittenhouse or the useful idiots he shot.

The prosecutors were ordered to prosecute this case regardless of the facts because it's about social control and sending a message to those who might oppose the useful idiots in the future.

One would think a prosecutors office would send their best for such a high profile case, but if you know there is not a legitimate case to prosecute you might send your most expendable instead.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    As JoshS alluded to, I strongly suspect this " they don't even have the benefit of a legitimate case to prosecute" is why we are seeing the "shenanigans" and sub par performance from the prosecutors. They are a mirror image of shenanigans one see's from defense council with a guilty client.

The powers that be in WI don't really care about Rittenhouse or the useful idiots he shot.

The prosecutors were ordered to prosecute this case regardless of the facts because it's about social control and sending a message to those who might oppose the useful idiots in the future.

One would think a prosecutors office would send their best for such a high profile case, but if you know there is not a legitimate case to prosecute you might send your most expendable instead.
    So, is it safe to say all the State had left to offer was "The process IS the punishment?"

After all, the tax payers are footing the bill for the State, so no sweat for them.
    Wonder how much Kyle is going to be in debt for? Plus including all the stress, etc.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    So, is it safe to say all the State had left to offer was "The process IS the punishment?"

After all, the tax payers are footing the bill for the State, so no sweat for them.
    Wonder how much Kyle is going to be in debt for? Plus including all the stress, etc.
    When I consider some of the "charitable" causes I support, I'm certain I can help young Rittenhouse out a bit financially. Goes hand in hand with him never buying a beer again.

Witha different judge, they could have had much better chances. Excluded evidence includes a video of KR saying he wanted to shoot looters and another video allegedly showing KR punching a girl while breaking up a catfight.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    Witha different judge, they could have had much better chances. Excluded evidence includes a video of KR saying he wanted to shoot looters and another video allegedly showing KR punching a girl while breaking up a catfight .

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post

Sort of bit less about punishing him individually and more about pour encourager les autres

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Sort of bit less about punishing him individually and more about pour encourager les autres
    Which looks like it's going to backfire, and badly.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

User Tag List