Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Loadout of True Detective S2 Ray Velcoro & Ani Bezzerides

Loadout of True Detective S2 Ray Velcoro & Ani Bezzerides

Hello guyz! I'm from Japan, who is One of Guns & Military enthusiasts and newbie here.
    Nice to meet you.

I'd like to get those Loadout of True Detective S2 Ray Velcoro & Ani Bezzerides,
    holsters, magazine pouches and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by hiro View Post
    hello, thank u very much for ur reply.
    I've already checked this link, but im not familiar with police n law enforcement loadout.
    so i cant identify his loadout .
    only I could identify what mag pouch he used.
    i bet it was dmc 26.
    plz check this pictures.
    https://twitter.com/himejiodadojo/st...11808782348290
    ps:i want to use those loadout for my 1911, just same products, maker.
    thx /

Quote Originally Posted by ICE_PIC_JAPAN View Post
    I've already checked this link, but im not familiar with police n law enforcement loadout.
    i bet it was dmc 26.
    plz check this pictures.
    thx /
    I dont think there is a “typical” police loadout in movies. There are many many, (hundreds) of small business, (One owner by himself or one owner with several employees) holster manufactures in the United States. It will be almost impossible to look at a holster and know who made it unless the holster has Identifying information on the holster. Most holster makers do not have the companies name on the holster.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Looks a lot like DeSantis A01

https://www.copsplus.com/desantis-a0...magazine-pouch

But it could be a lot of different manufacturers. If you Google leather magazine pouch you'll find quite a few different manufacturers that look similar.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 4RNR; 10-28-2021 at 07:46 PM.

i bet it was dmc 26.
    plz check this pictures.
    thx /
    I can sort of identify the mag pouch, It looks like the Galco DMC, or maybe the De Santis Double magazine Pouch. As I have the former, I can tell you that, while it is an ok pouch, I wouldn't use it for anything other than the range.

The photos don't show the holster well enough to tell; it could be anything and frankly doesn't look like a high quality holster (which would be typical for movies).

If you are interested in a quality "loadout" for a 1911, similar to what you see in the movie, many of us here can point you to much better holster and pouch makers, if you are interested :-)
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    I can sort of identify the mag pouch, It looks like the Galco DMC, or maybe the De Santis Double magazine Pouch. As I have the former, I can tell you that, while it is an ok pouch, I wouldn't use it for anything other than the range.

The photos don't show the holster well enough to tell; it could be anything and frankly doesn't look like a high quality holster (which would be typical for movies).

If you are interested in a quality "loadout" for a 1911, similar to what you see in the movie, many of us here can point you to much better holster and pouch makers, if you are interested :-)
    hello thank u very much for ur advice.
    and plz tell me loadout of LAPD Detective, not Police Offier's.
    I know loadout in movies are not correct.
    I'll find higher quality pics than this for identifying that holster.

In general, plainclothes law enforcement officers (to include detectives) in the United States will have varied pieces of gear even within the same agency. While the department might buy and issue a particular holster or mag pouch as part of a contract purchase order, plainclothes law enforcement officers usually purchase something of their own preference. In addition, the issued piece of gear will likely change over time as the contract prices and options change...so personnel who were issued gear from various years will likely have been issued different pieces of gear, anyway. On top of all that, each individual is likely to have different pieces of gear for what they're wearing/what they're doing that particular day, such as IWB holsters, OWB concealment holsters, and OWB retention holsters.

This means that when movies portray detectives, virtually anything is "correct" because everyone is using something different anyway.

With that said, you might find more enthusiastic responses if you ask around on airsoft or mil-sim forums that are concerned with replicating kits, since that seems to be your interest.

I understand that "simulation" games or cosplay is a pretty big hobby to certain groups of people, but that's not really the focus of this forum.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

hello thank u very much for ur advice. and plz tell me loadout of LAPD Detective, not Police Offier's. I know loadout in movies are not correct. I'll find higher quality pics than this for identifying that holster.
    You might be interested in some of C. Rusty Sherrick's holster line. In particular, you might be interested in his 'SIS'.

http://www.c-rusty.com/pages/home.html

The pictures aren't clear enough for me to identify anything.

@TGS has probably the best advice for you.

For your inspiration, pleasure and what could perhaps fit your desires, go to: Share your Fancy Leather Gear

I'll just add that, while movies can be incredible fun, they do not serve as examples of what do, what to carry and how; our standards here are much higher and if you want to spend some time reading this forum, you will learn a lot and have fun. :-)
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

User Tag List