Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Care, Feeding, and Maintenance of La Grande Puissance (aka Hi-Power)

Quote Originally Posted by Flamingo View Post
    Attachment 80008

Going to order the holster and two magazine pouches.
    That's gonna be HAWT.

I'm totally not jealous.

Probably.

Maybe a little jealous.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Navidrex black micarta thin grips are back in stock.

https://www.brownells.com/handgun-pa...563-23693.aspx
    Thanks, I guess. Now that I've ordered my spare set of stocks, I'm one step closer to "needing" another HP!

Site Supporter

BHSpringSolutions Review of the SA-35...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCTNgrwFGTU

I haven't had time to watch it yet... but... some on PF have extolled the expertise of these guys (guy?) as it relates to the P35. I guess they're going through an exhaustive evaluation of the SA-35 in terms of parts, performance, reliability, etc. across a series of videos. This is part 1.

In the first few minutes, he talks about going through the same process with the Tisas BR9 (which I also haven't watched)... and some of the issues they encountered. Interesting.

Curious to hear their conclusions on the SA-35.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCTNgrwFGTU

I haven't had time to watch it yet... but... some on PF have extolled the expertise of these guys (guy?) as it relates to the P35. I guess they're going through an exhaustive evaluation of the SA-35 in terms of parts, performance, reliability, etc. across a series of videos. This is part 1.

In the first few minutes, he talks about going through the same process with the Tisas BR9 (which I also haven't watched)... and some of the issues they encountered. Interesting.

Curious to hear their conclusions on the SA-35.
    Watched their first two videos.

Got a question for HP guys... What is the deal with SFS for HPs?

On the BH SS site, in their SFS portion, they give a list of about 30 advantages for it. The main one as far as I'm concerned is that the hammer forward carry is much more comfortable, and the slide stop/release associated with it is much more ergonomic and user friendly. It also expedites field stripping.

I was initially a very reluctant and skeptical adapter of it, but in actual use, it's a keeper. I discuss it in detail on my High Power thread here on P-F.

Best, Jon

Attachment 80008

Going to order the holster and two magazine pouches.
    Website says not taking new orders...

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    Website says not taking new orders...
    I sent him a letter and he sent me the order form that I posted the picture of. I sent the letter a week or so ago and sent him my order form. I will post an update (either pictures of the holster or the rejection of the order).

Got a question for HP guys... What is the deal with SFS for HPs?
    For me the aspects that made me convert 3 of my HP's

It makes the safety a positive "snick, click, etc." however you want to think of that, it is a hard click on and a hard click off instead of the mush of all other HP safeties.

It completely eliminates hammer bite, which is a problem for me with the standard hammers.

I perceive the lock time to be faster, but I have no proof.

Holstering the gun, thumb on top of the hammer works just as it does on any decocked DA/SA or the SCD, as a safety mechanism should something engage the trigger.

If somehow the safety gets pushed off while in the holster, you just press down on the hammer to renegage it.

Lower profile in the holster means that cocked hammer is not biting into my side when I lean that way, it just has the profile of most striker fired pistols when it is in the holster instead of that cocked and locked profile with the hammer being a consideration on how much "guard" needs to be on the holster to keep the hammer from biting into you.

Here's a copy of the BH SS site SFS information, scroll down and you'll see their enumerations of the advantages of the SFS system.

https://bhspringsolutions.com/index....-for-hi-power/

Best, Jon

Well my copy of Stephen Camp's The Shooter's Guide to the Browning Hi Power arrived today. It took USPS almost 3 weeks to get my check to Ms. Camp and then got my book to me in 2 days. I guess letters are not where the money is.

I just started reading the book today, but it is pretty interesting so far.

Name:  PXL_20211124_203533779.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  38.8 KB

My Hi Power journey still needs some leather (which is ordered), a Hi Power, and the SFS system (I am almost 100% sure I am going to run the SFS).

User Tag List