Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Care, Feeding, and Maintenance of La Grande Puissance (aka Hi-Power)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    For whatever reason, Urban Carry's ads come up a lot for me on YouTube. I would be very hesitant to buy a holster from a company that makes THIS. I write this statement not out of simple holster snobbery but after having watched a guy try to use that thing at the range one day. I find their marketing of such nonsense rather discrediting. The holster you linked to might be great, but my very strong bias is to look elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    G10 definitely needs to be wet sanded, not dry. You don't want to be breathing that dust. And gloves are a pretty good idea, to keep the glass fibers and particles thereof out of your skin.

Once you're done, it likes to be saturated with oil. I use baby oil.
    Yeah, I'm going to need a lot of sandpaper to get a new pair of K frame grips to even be close.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Any AIWB holsters of note?
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    You want kydex or leather?

For leather the 5-Shot Leather SME is the heat. And is my favorite AIWB leather holster. John molds them so the thumb safety cannot come off for 1911s, I assume he does the same for the HP.
    Something that is reasonably priced and reasonably available. Since any holster has a possibility of ending up in the Box of Forgotten Holsters, I don't want to go much over what Tony sells his for.

I did, it came today. Mrs. Camp’s terrific to deal with.
    I will second that in every regard.

And my reference library now has copies of:

The Shooter’s Guide to the Browning Hi Power - Revised Edition

Hi Power Disassembly Guide

Something that is reasonably priced and reasonably available. Since any holster has a possibility of ending up in the Box of Forgotten Holsters, I don't want to go much over what Tony sells his for.
    It’s entirely possible Tony will have his ready by the time you have an SA-35, but if not and you do go the 1911 holster route, I’d consider Tenicor alongside JM. Their 1911/2011 holsters are designed to fit, well, a wide variety of 1911s and 2011s, and have a shim system to accomplish that. May work well for an interim Hi Power option, and then once it’s replaced with a dedicated Hi Power holster you still have a high quality 1911 holster instead of some junk you’ll never use again.

I'd be willing to roll the dice if they'd gone with a slightly better belt clip.

Any AIWB holsters of note?

https://www.ttgunleather.com/product...einforced-aiwb

I recall back in the day, @JodyH was fond of this holster. He is running about a 4 week lead time, which beats 12-13 weeks for some of the others. Price is competitive with Kramer and Privateer, but if you're only going to pay <7 bills for the new gun.......

I did order and receive one of his convertible holsters for me son's 5" 1911. Well made and lead time was accurate. As it's my son's and I therefore have not worn it, I can't comment otherwise.

https://www.ttgunleather.com/product...ancake-owb-iwb
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Navidrex black micarta thin grips are back in stock.

https://www.brownells.com/handgun-pa...563-23693.aspx
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

SA-35 is on the way from Springfield!!! Should have a mold within a month!!
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Navidrex black micarta thin grips are back in stock.

https://www.brownells.com/handgun-pa...563-23693.aspx
    Those are good grips, I bought a pair to replace the thumb rests on my Mk III. Big improvement but when I got my Spegals.... The Navidrex are now in strategic reserve...

Name:  PXL_20211116_012914050~2.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  37.4 KB

Going to order the holster and two magazine pouches.

User Tag List