Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If You Need A New 5 Blade Razor...

If You Need A New 5 Blade Razor...

...I have been very impressed this past week with this Solimo (Amazon brand) razor. Handle and 16 cartridges for $18. Less than half the price of Gillette these days, and Dorco, (Korean brand), has changed their razors for the worse from the excellent ones I purchased on a special offer several years ago.

I'm not one to gush about a razor...but this one gives me a good clean shave without the usual irritation.

Even has a straight blade on the back of the cartridge if you need to get into a tight spot or to clean up your sideburns.

Name:  91ZBXFSGfbL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Views: 947
Size:  50.7 KB
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I switched from multi blade razors about 10 years ago, and am way happier. @blues, you of all people should be using a razor of quality.

https://www.amazon.com/MERKUR-MK-70M...dp/B000G0JZYQ/
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I switched from multi blade razors about 10 years ago, and am way happier.

https://www.amazon.com/MERKUR-MK-70M...dp/B000G0JZYQ/
    Same. IIRC mine is a 34C. I have no intention of going back...
    Grab your gun and bring in the cat.

I remember reading about the Merkur and some others which were highly touted some years back. Never got around to making the investment to find out.

I'm not all that invested in shaving...and I try to limit it to once a week if I have my druthers...but not always possible.

This Solimo razor will be just fine for my pedestrian needs if it holds up like this past week has demonstrated.

You guys are gonna make me sorry I brought it up.

Site Supporter
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

If You Need A New 5 Blade Razor...

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I remember reading about the Merkur and some others which were highly touted some years back. Never got around to making the investment to find out.

I'm not all that invested in shaving...and I try to limit it to once a week if I have my druthers...but not always possible.
    I don’t shave every day, and the single blade cuts through weeklong stubble so much better than multi-edge. One blade lasts me a year, for around the beard shaving.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Concur with Blues. I get a month of smooth shaves out of one Solimo blade capsule. I stopped using Gillette upon the Lord of the Flies takeover, as memorialized in those woke ads. It took a while to find Solimo, but after using it I looked no further.

Quote Originally Posted by Duces Tecum View Post
    Concur with Blues. I get a month of smooth shaves out of one Solimo blade capsule. I stopped using Gillette upon the Lord of the Flies takeover, as memorialized in those woke ads. It took a while to find Solimo, but after using it I looked no further.
    Your toxic masculinity is showing! (I keep mine hidden AIWB.)

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Your toxic masculinity is showing! (I keep mine hidden AIWB.)

Hidden is indeed better. Why spoil the surprise? <Grin>

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I switched from multi blade razors about 10 years ago, and am way happier. @blues, you of all people should be using a razor of quality.
    If you're gonna do it, you might as well go all the way:

Old school, made in the USA and if you geek out a little (and you're old enough), you can track down one from your birth year.

User Tag List