Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spyderco is working on a smaller P'kal

Site Supporter

Spyderco is working on a smaller P'kal

I thought that this had been posted here already but couldnt find it.

https://forum.spyderco.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=89320

Quote Originally Posted by Crashpad View Post
    I thought that this had been posted here already but couldnt find it.

https://forum.spyderco.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=89320
    Just read it. Can you point out where the thread shows that Spyderco is developing this? I sure hope so! I’d buy one or two right away.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Prototype

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Just read it. Can you point out where the thread shows that Spyderco is developing this? I sure hope so! I’d buy one or two right away.
    https://forum.spyderco.com/viewtopic...rt=40#p1564282

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Postby sal » Thu May 20, 2021 10:35 pm
    Well, it's been a month/ weeks since the last post. I've been working remote (Kauai). thanx to Peter and Roque, I've got a P'Kal with a 2.25" blade. I know it's a "nasty" piece, but I think it looks "cute". I'll bring it to the Blade show.

sal
    Hi Blue,

No pics until we're within 6 months of delivery.

sal
    Hi Blue,

Haven't spoken to Craig about it. He may have see the thread, but didn't comment tome. I'm pretty sure Mike saw the proto at the Blade Show. He doesn't miss much.We should probably reach out to Craig and get his thoughts?

Hi Twinboys...

P'Kal's are not big sellers. We keep them in the line because of their function for our undercover guys. We do that with a few models.

sal

I'm a big fan of the P'kal, but that thread from the Spyderco forum made me start to think wild thoughts about the waved dragonfly. Could such a puny little knife actually have some potential as a tactical tool?

Sometimes it's the cute little dog that bites
    “Safety is nice, but it’s not first. Life is first and it’s not safe.”— Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by UpDok View Post
    I'm a big fan of the P'kal, but that thread from the Spyderco forum made me start to think wild thoughts about the waved dragonfly. Could such a puny little knife actually have some potential as a tactical tool?

Sure, the same way any knife does but for the reverse edge techniques and approach that the P'kal excels at, the Dragonfly is far from optimum. However, it should work quite well using classic Filipino methods or/and what Michael Janich teaches.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

A smaller p'kai sounds interesting, enough that I accidentally played with some leftover Spyderco parts.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by UpDok View Post

I bought one recently as I had been carrying a Dragonfly Salt as a money clip/ general utility folder, carried loose in the pocket. I thought that the wave would make it better. I abandoned the experiment after a week. In the future if I need a sub 3" folder I'll just use one of my Delicas that have been cut down. The handle length makes all the difference in the world and for my hand size/lifestyle/location anything smaller than a Delica is just too much of a compromise.

Related note: There is also a Subway Bowie (smaller than street Bowie and based on Fred Perrin design) allegedly in the works.

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    Related note: There is also a Subway Bowie (smaller than street Bowie and based on Fred Perrin design) allegedly in the works.
    This is the original. Made for me by Fred Perrin while I was visiting with him in Paris. I didn't know he was making it, and he surprised me with it one day when we were out and about. I named it "Le Metro" at the time in honor of the Parisian subway system.

Name:  Perrin2.jpg
Views: 749
Size:  18.5 KB
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

User Tag List