Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jagerwerks G17 Gen5 Slide Milling

In my experience the biggest issue with either process is function issues related to the screws. Direct milling often requires a shorter screw on the extractor side so as to not interfere with the EDP assembly. Conversely the issue with MOS is installation of both the adaptor plate and or the optic to the plate. Test fitting is always best. Do not assume that the supplied screws are correct.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I have at least ~6 handguns milled by Jagerwerks, zero functional issues with them to date. 2x G48, 2x G43, G19, G26. I guess I haven't shot my 19 yet. Still pending the ACRO P-2. the other 5 have a cpl hundred rounds each since milling at least, no probs.

Mount the RDO but don't install the screw over the ejector rod. Shoot it. Does the problem persist? If no, then the missing screw, when installed, is contacting the ejector rod and inhibiting ejector movement when a round slides underneath it during feeding.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Dodson View Post
    Mount the RDO but don't install the screw over the ejector rod. Shoot it. Does the problem persist? If no, then the missing screw, when installed, is contacting the ejector rod and inhibiting ejector movement when a round slides underneath it during feeding.
    IMO there's no reason to shoot the gun with one screw. Install the optic without loctite etc.. Install install the parts. You can test the extractor by leveraging the extractor without the barrel installed. If you have free movement you should be good to go. Also if there's a real issue you won't even be able to install the EDP assembly. On a final note, I've seen many that have so much loctite in the EDP channel it looks like a smurf masturbated into it.

Quote Originally Posted by HTM View Post
    IMO there's no reason to shoot the gun with one screw. Install the optic without loctite etc.. Install install the parts. You can test the extractor by leveraging the extractor without the barrel installed. If you have free movement you should be good to go. Also if there's a real issue you won't even be able to install the EDP assembly. On a final note, I've seen many that have so much loctite in the EDP channel it looks like a smurf masturbated into it.
    There's nothing better than a full, dynamic test with live ammunition. The optic will be fine with just one screw mounting it in place for troubleshooting.

If the screw tip is interfering with the rod and inhibiting or preventing its freedom of movement then a couple of nuts can be screwed onto the screw, and locked together to expose just one or two threads, and mounted in a vise to file down the exposed tip to shorten the screw a smidge.

User Tag List