Thread: Retention holster for P365xl with RDS

Retention holster for P365xl with RDS

Does anyone know of a retention holster (can’t be SERPA release style) that will work with the P365XL with a Holosun or Romeo Zero mounted? I’m required to qual with a retention holster even though I’ll never carry the gun in that manner. I don’t expect Safariland to start pumping out ALS holsters for that combo, so the only realistic option I’m seeing is the Blackhawk L2C if they ever start making them again. Thanks in advance

Dara Holsters lists a duty retention holster for the P365XL. Has an asterisk on the model; might need to call to see what that is about. There are also mass-market leather thumbbreak holsters that look they will work with an optic.
    Well, you may be a man. You may be a leprechaun. Only one thing’s for sure… you’re in the wrong basement.

Site Supporter
    Aker Leather makes thumb break OWB for optics equipped guns including this one for the P365XL with optic.

https://akerleather.com/holsters/bel...hugger-xl.html

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Aker Leather makes thumb break OWB for optics equipped guns including this one for the P365XL with optic.

https://akerleather.com/holsters/bel...hugger-xl.html

Thank you for the suggestion. This will be my first leather holster in about 15 years… hopefully Blackhawk or Safariland caters to my obscure backup firearms choices in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by 2501 View Post
    Thank you for the suggestion. This will be my first leather holster in about 15 years… hopefully Blackhawk or Safariland caters to my obscure backup firearms choices in the future.
    In a pinch, I have attached a thumb break strap (pirated from existing gear) to use on a kydex holster.

Is that something you could do for this qual?

If you have a BIC lighter, screwdrivers and existing holster hardware it’s something you could do in 15 min of time in the garage.

Actually depending on how stringent they are, you could easily make a flip down thumb strap option that way.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 2501 View Post
    I would not hold my breath, especially for Safariland. Unless an agency places an order in the thousands you won’t see a gun specific model.

One other option you may look it from Safariland is the multi fit versions of the Safariland GLS.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I would not hold my breath, especially for Safariland. Unless an agency places an order in the thousands you won’t see a gun specific model.

One other option you may look it from Safariland is the multi fit versions of the Safariland GLS.
    The GLS doesn’t work with the 365XL from my experience. They might have some weird SKU that does, but I haven’t found it.

User Tag List