Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Cheekweld Pistols

Finally got to run my Banshee with a cheekweld with the brace removed from the tube...fekkin loved it. Shot it so much better than when I tried to crowd my self around the brace. Standard OEM tube arrived today, can't wait to get it installed.

My success with this method has me starting a quarter jar for a .300 BO like HD & CF.

I may have missed this being posted elsewhere, KAK Industries recently released some short "CQC" pistol buffer tube kits.

I have one of their "carbine" weight and one of their "heavy" weight kits installed, but haven't had a chance to get to the range. KAK also has a version for pistol calibers.

Coupon code "PSR" usually works for me. "shortboi" may also work.

Banshee with 7" CMMG buffer tube...really, really dig this configuration.

Name:  Cheekweld Banshee.jpg
Views: 687
Size:  50.9 KB

Ruger released the LC Charger:

https://ruger.com/products/lcCharger/models.html

Might need a rail cover where your face goes against the cheese grater, but otherwise seems like it may work.

Oh, and by the way! I run Ruger PC Charger as a cheek pistol and the gas is the most annoying part. I'm thinking about productizing some kind of gas shield, which is integrated with the rail cover. I would prefer it to be pliable, so I may need to print it from resin. It's going to be equally necessary for the LC Charger.
    Last edited by zaitcev; 05-23-2023 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zaitcev View Post
    Ruger released the LC Charger:

https://ruger.com/products/lcCharger/models.html

Might need a rail cover where your face goes against the cheese grater, but otherwise seems like it may work.

Oh, and by the way! I run Ruger PC Charger as a cheek pistol and the gas is the most annoying part. I'm thinking about productizing some kind of gas shield, which is integrated with the rail cover. I would prefer it to be pliable, so I may need to print it from resin. It's going to be equally necessary for the LC Charger.
    The LC Charger is interesting as hell, I’m just not sold on the 5.7. It would make a fun SBR project, but no.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Procrastinator that I am, I finally joined the club.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Are there any OAL restrictions for an AR cheek pistol?
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post
    Are there any OAL restrictions for an AR cheek pistol?
    I know some states have them (MI?) but I’m not sure if there is a federal restriction. Curious to see the answer to this.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

So are the shorter buffer tubes just for getting the dimensions down for more a discrete package?
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post
    So are the shorter buffer tubes just for getting the dimensions down for more a discrete package?
    Yep. But any slick buffer tube that can't accept a stock seems like a good idea for rules reasons.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

User Tag List