Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheekweld Pistols

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post

I'll be curious how the Strike short buffer system works with 5.56, and if there's a difference between 12.5 and 7.5".
    I have 3 uppers in 11.5", 10.5', and 7.5" and the short Strike buffer runs surprisingly well.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    I have 3 uppers in 11.5", 10.5', and 7.5" and the short Strike buffer runs surprisingly well.
    That is great to hear. Based on experience, I'm highly suspicious of non-standard buffer systems ([cough]...jp). This one seems to be a winner.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I don't find a need for a cheeckrest, although the bare RE can get cold in the winter. I might wrap mine with something that doesn't snag the CH.

I'll be curious how the Strike short buffer system works with 5.56, and if there's a difference between 12.5 and 7.5". Will you run the 12.5" suppressed?

If I shot mine more, I'd probably buy an extra spring and buffer.
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    That is really good to hear!
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

@Clusterfrack, what about a piece of large diameter shrink wrap?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

I don't find a need for a cheeckrest, although the bare RE can get cold in the winter. I might wrap mine with something that doesn't snag the CH.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    @Clusterfrack, what about a piece of large diameter shrink wrap?
    What about hockey tape?
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Buffer tube on a gas piston pistol?

With the new ATF madness, I trying to find if it’s ok to have a gas tube/cheek rest device on a pistol that doesn’t require a gas tube?

The way I read it, if you have something like an AR that requires a receiver extension to function, you should be fine. I’d err on the side of caution and use a pistol specific receiver extension with no provisions for mounting a stock or brace. If you’ve got a gun that doesn’t require a receiver extension to function like an AK or an MCX, for example, adding something like a receiver extension to make cheeking it easier might be interpreted to be a violation of the NFA if it’s got surface area that could be shouldered. I’m not a lawyer.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    The way I read it, if you have something like an AR that requires a receiver extension to function, you should be fine. I’d err on the side of caution and use a pistol specific receiver extension with no provisions for mounting a stock or brace. If you’ve got a gun that doesn’t require a receiver extension to function like an AK or an MCX, for example, adding something like a receiver extension to make cheeking it easier might be interpreted to be a violation of the NFA if it’s got surface area that could be shouldered. I’m not a lawyer.
    That’s my non-lawyerly interpretation too. Cheekweld pistols are generally going to be traditional ARs.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    That’s my non-lawyerly interpretation too. Cheekweld pistols are generally going to be traditional ARs.
    I don’t know about that. Rhett did all sorts of cheek pistol videos with guns that had nothing sticking out of the back like the MP5 clones. It’s probably just a little easier with ARs.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Pnut View Post
    With the new ATF madness, I trying to find if it’s ok to have a gas tube/cheek rest device on a pistol that doesn’t require a gas tube?
    The problem is that the final rule (at least as presented in the notice on the ATF website) makes the answer to this question as clear as mud. The only way to know one is in compliance is by ensuring that every single factor comes out in one's favor, and that the gun complies with 18 USC sec. 922(r) (assembling rifles or shotguns that cannot be imported using too many imported parts).

User Tag List