Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheekweld Pistols

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    ...I reload .300BO and I don't reload 9mm.
    This makes .300 BLK reasonably affordable if you reload:

https://tombstonetactical.com/produc...hp-500-per-box
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Short buffer assembly installed on the 7.5” 300BLK. Total length 21.5” w/o QD swivel. Now I need to find time to test function.

I really like that set-up especially if braces get legislated away.

Short buffer assembly installed on the 7.5” 300BLK. Total length 21.5” w/o QD swivel. Now I need to find time to test function.

What is that short buffer assembly?

Quote Originally Posted by MandoWookie View Post
    What is that short buffer assembly?
    Strike Industries 5" tube, flat wire spring, and short buffer. I copied it from @RustyCrusty's build.

https://www.strikeindustries.com/si-ar-spre-slick.html
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Strike Industries 5" tube, flat wire spring, and short buffer. I copied it from @RustyCrusty's build.

https://www.strikeindustries.com/si-ar-spre-slick.html
    I've generally avoided Strike stuff, as most seems to be form over function. What's your read on quality and functionality so far? Or too early to tell?

Cheekweld Pistols

Quote Originally Posted by MandoWookie View Post
    I've generally avoided Strike stuff, as most seems to be form over function. What's your read on quality and functionality so far? Or too early to tell?
    Good quality. Clever design of indexing off the buffer retaining pin. And I like flat wire springs.

I hoping to test fire tomorrow. I’m highly suspicious of AR buffer and gas system mods that require tuning for specific loads to work. If the short buffer works with full power supersonic, and still locks back on empty with subs, that will be a good sign. I do not plan on using a suppressor with this upper.

Good quality. Clever design of indexing off the buffer retaining pin. And I like flat wire springs.

I hoping to test fire tomorrow. I’m highly suspicious of AR buffer and gas system mods that require tuning for specific loads to work. If the short buffer works with full power supersonic, and still locks back on empty with subs, that will be a good sign. I do not plan on using a suppressor with this upper.
    My use would be standard 5.56, unsuppressed(currently). Good to hear on observed quality.

At the range now testing the 300BLK cheek pistol with Strike short buffer tube assembly.

Healthy ejection to 4:30-5:00 with full power supers. Locks back on empty with PMag 30 and Lancer 20. Works with subs too but only locks Lancer 20 on empty with those, which is no surprise. There were no feed issues, even with completely full mags.

This is actually better function than I had with a standard length buffer system. I had to use a C buffer to get it to lock back with unsuppressed subs.

I shot decent groups, but need practice with the cheekweld technique. I kept relaxing my strong side arm and got some charging handle to nose. At this point, I’m way more capable with a stocked SBR. No comparison. But, I’m up for a challenge so I’ll keep practicing and see how I like it.

@Clusterfrack has me thinking bad thoughts about my DD PDW .300Blk. I mean, I guess they’re not that bad, considering the 71 dollar cost of entry…
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

I made a dedicated attachment to my Ruger PC Charger. It's pretty nice, although of course it takes some getting used to. I tried a tube before, didn't like it. This attachment is narrower than a tube.

I'm selling it now on my website for those who want to try, although I don't expect it's going to make me a millionaire. All credit goes to Rhett anyway. I think he said before that manufacturers ought to make equipment to work with his concept. And there it is. Well, a dedicated gun would be better, but this is what I can do.

Looking for a vertical AR grip now. Currently it's still the Ruger factory grip, which feels not ideal. At least it's not as slanted as an M16A2 grip.

Name:  rccp_b_f1.jpg
Views: 1008
Size:  86.2 KB

Update: Clusterfrack's tube allows to place face close to the gun, but it only works on AR. On the Ruger, one must attach to the Picatinny rail and I was concerned about hitting myself with the latch. The latch is usually there for folding stocks.
    Last edited by zaitcev; 11-04-2021 at 11:02 AM.

User Tag List