Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ETS introduces new Glock mags

ETS introduces new Glock mags

I haven't used ETS mags. Do they offer anything over factory Glock or Magpul mags?

These new mags look interesting being that the feed lips and some other areas contain metal reinforced areas. Also kind of interesting that these accept Glock base plates.

"The Patent Pending OMEGA Joint allows the all-steel frame to be fully wrapped without the costly and time consuming welding process. This allows us to provide maximum strength while maintaining the value ETS customers expect!"

https://www.etsgroup.us/Omega-mag-fo...omg-glk-17.htm

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Tokarev; 12-14-2023 at 04:53 AM.

I picked up a few back in 2017. and of course a few Magpul Glock mags.
    I'm not sure I even still have any ETS mags and my Magpuls are strictly for my dryfire use.

They (the ETS) functioned well, even when I let one hit the concrete floor at my indoor range when doing a reload, and it cracked. Still functioned but. (ETS promptly replaced it).
    I would think the metal reinforcements would be of benefit, definitely. But I haven't even considered looking to see if they upgraded the design.

That said, I stick with OEM Glock mags at around the same price point.

22 round ETS 9mm mag that cracked
    Name:  ETS Glock 9mm 22 rd mag cracked 1.jpg
Views: 532
Size:  55.6 KB

I had feed problems with the three G19 mags I tied. The Magpul mags I have tried have work well but for the most part I just use Glock factory mags.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

At $25.99, they are more expensive than the OEM G17 mags at my LGS. They’re certainly not meaningfully cheaper, and I highly doubt they perform better.

I use ETS for PCC.

I like being able to see inside them to tell when mags are getting dirty and they’re easy to clean and wipe.

The non omega ones are cheap too.

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    I had feed problems with the three G19 mags I tied. The Magpul mags I have tried have work well but for the most part I just use Glock factory mags.
    My experience with Magpul glock mags has been favorable. They actually work better than I thought they would considering the only thing metal is the spring. I've noticed no real issues caused by dropping them partially loaded, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    At $25.99, they are more expensive than the OEM G17 mags at my LGS. They’re certainly not meaningfully cheaper, and I highly doubt they perform better.
    As often happens in the industry, MSRP and actual purchase price can vary greatly. For example ETS lists the all plastic body mags for $15 but a quick internet search shows they can be found for $10.

I don’t own any ETS mags but my brother does for his G19. When we went to the range together there were regular failures to feed with them using Speer Lawman 124gr and American Eagle in an otherwise flawlessly reliable Gen 5 G19. I was glad I never bought any.

If these are $26 or a little less street price I don’t know what reason there is to buy one over a Glock OEM magazine at the same or similar price.

I'd be most interested in these for use in force on force training. The clear or translucent body would be one more visual verifier that training mags and cartridges were being used.

If the company's all-polymer magazines are so great, why introduce a line of magazines with metal feed lips?

User Tag List