Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Veteran's Day Discounts

Site Supporter

Veteran's Day Discounts

Since there are a lot of fellow veterans here, this is a listing from VA of discounts and freebies on Veteran's Day.

I always let the vietnam and older vets hit the restaurants for free meals. I figure they deserve it more than us GWOT war tourists and coffee company vet bros.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by EMC View Post
    I always let the vietnam and older vets hit the restaurants for free meals. I figure they deserve it more than us GWOT war tourists and coffee company vet bros.
    COFFEE CO VET BROS!!! I just spit out my breakfast!! 🤣

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    My wife insisted I get my 'free' meal several years ago. I hated it. The restaurant was packed, the wait staff was overwhelmed and frazzled, and the 'free' meals weren't what I would ordinarily order. I sincerely appreciate the thought behind it, but I'd rather pay full boat then deal with all it takes to get a 'free' meal in those circumstances.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter
    Lucchese is offering 15% off - verify through ID.me for the discount.

Saucony is offering 30% off stars and stripes collection with code 'AMERICANA'

Viridian is offering 20% off with code 'VETERANSDAY' at checkout

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EMC View Post
    I was in during the Cold War; freebies should go to those who saw the elephant.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Primary Arms has some pretty impressive Geissele prices today.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    For sure. KBR philipino's made us custom order omeletes for a year and I could have gained 200lbs with all the free ice cream. I feel for those vietnam folks who didn't have pizza hut at the FOB and ate ham and lima beans C rats. They did get beer though.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Same here.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Site Supporter
    YMMV

When you signed on the dotted line, you could have been sent the the elephant farm. The fact, in retrospect, that you were not, does not negate the risks assumed on the front end.

I would humbly submit that if you put on and took off the uniform honorably, you deserve and have earned any discount/gift/program etc that is offered.

Blessings to you all and your families.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

User Tag List