Page 50 of 60 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: Alec Baldwin kills crew member on set with "prop gun"

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Reporting is that the law changed so the enhanced charges are not appropriate. The armorer’s charges were also reduced.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

/\ /\ /\

Oops

Should have labeled that as a 60 Minutes piece on the shooting. Contains some of the first interactions of Baldwin and the armorer with LEO's

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    Prosecutors dropped the gun enhancement because the law they charged him with was updated after the shooting.

I also have to call out the NY Times for pushing the whole "the gun did it, not me" defense:
    Attachment 101700

was holding the gun that discharged?

So should we then say Dexter Morgan was holding the knife that stabbed Alex Timmons?
    Wow. If they gave out awards for passive voice sentence structures, that might be a world champion.

That's like, "Present in the driver's seat of the car that crashed into the liquor store"

So, let me guess..this shithead isn’t even going to spend so much as a hour in jail? Further proof that if you have millions, and are a Hollywood jackoff/actor, you can literally get away with murder..

Site Supporter
    I know nothing more that what I have come across on line.

Hi-Profile Prosecution Rule # 6

A. Getting convictions in this realm can be challenging under the best of circumstances. Therefore, under promise and over deliver.

B. Make sure that that statutory enhancement you charge which would mandate prison time upon a conviction has an effective date that covers the date of the offense.

It appears that the NM prosecutors alleged the enhancement and then had to take it back because of the date issue. An issue that was readily apparent on its face.

That lack of attention to detail is often concerning.

Baldwin doing time, albeit a year or two, IMHO, is still an open question.

YMMV
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/charge-...oting-95f2bedf

Involuntary Manslaughter Charge Against Alec Baldwin Dropped in ‘Rust’ Shooting
    New evidence indicates gun that fatally shot cinematographer Halyna Hutchins may have discharged without trigger being pulled
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post

New evidence indicates gun that fatally shot cinematographer Halyna Hutchins may have discharged without trigger being pulled
    Can't wait for the REEEEEEE!!! HE GOT OFF BECAUSE HE'S A LIBRUHL!!!!!!! comments in other parts of the interwebs.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post

Curious to see what this new evidence is.

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    Curious to see what this new evidence is.
    I may have been a "contender".

May...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List