Page 31 of 60 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Alec Baldwin kills crew member on set with "prop gun"

Stephen Hunter, noted for his hard shooting fictional characters, opines that the Baldwin killing was the result of "inadvertent fanning" although I would term his scenario "inadvertent slip-shooting."
    In addition to the mysterious introduction of real ammo, of course.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archiv...eGJOS8GwT4EgkQ
    Code Name: JET STREAM

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/rust-mo...ldwin-lawsuit/

The inevitable NIED suit has been filed, and press reports are... well, what are we even going to say? If it weren't for Gell-Mann amnesia, I don't know how I could read the news at all.

Gutierrez Reed's lawyer Jason Bowles said in a statement Wednesday that "we are convinced this was sabotage and Hannah is being framed. We believe that the scene was tampered with as well before the police arrived."

Bowles said his client has provided authorities with a full interview and continues to assist them. The statement did not address the lawsuit.

"We are asking for a full and complete investigation of all of the facts, including the live rounds themselves, how they ended up in the 'dummies' box, and who put them in there," the statement said.

Gutierrez Reed said last week that she had inspected the gun Baldwin shot but doesn't know how a live bullet ended up inside.

Santa Fe-area District Attorney Mary Carmack-Altwies said investigators have encountered no proof of sabotage. Her comments, first made on "Good Morning America," were confirmed Wednesday by agency spokeswoman Sascha Guinn Anderson.

Carmack-Altwies says that investigators know who loaded the gun, though it remains unclear how the deadly round of ammunition got on the movie set. The district attorney said she is concerned that there were so many levels of safety failures.

Dordick said at the news conference that it was "far-fetched" to suggest there was sabotage, but that Gutierrez Reed still had the same responsibility to know what was in the gun and who had handled it.

Chris Baker over at Lucky Gunner just put up a video about the dangers of blanks:

"The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I'm not ready to believe that our folks are so ready and willing to throw due process on the bonfire.
    It's biblical, Blues. "As Alec Baldwin sows, so shall he reap".

Quote Originally Posted by Duces Tecum View Post
    It's biblical, Blues. "As Alec Baldwin sows, so shall he reap".
    I'll stick with the rule of law...to the extent that it remains a "thing" in this country.

I've no problem with his receiving his just deserts.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Scott Reitz’s podcast on the topic is excellent.

https://pca.st/podcast/857b4b50-8676...4-0acc26574db2
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

I'm seeing a sort of tribal desire to lynch Baldwin because he's one of "them"- facts and law be damned!
    I've read lots of comments- in other locations- that are making 'facts' up out of whole cloth, making procedures up that aren't the actual ones used, dismissing those with experience as being "Libtard Democrats", and again- doing whatever is needed to frame the admittedly unpleasant Baldwin as guilty no matter what.

Some dumbasses are even admitting that it's okay to do it because he'd do the same to us.

It's the flip side of the tribal desire to lynch Rittenhouse because he's one of "us".
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Seems as though the ambulance-chasers are coming out of the woodwork.

Baldwin says police should be responsible for firearms on sets:
    ——-
    Baldwin posted on Twitter and on Instagram that every film or TV set where guns are being used, “fake or otherwise, should have a police officer on set, hired by the production, to specifically monitor weapons safety.”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/marisad...h=413a0d095304
    ———-
    Because police have such extensive training on prop firearms, blank and dummy rounds, historical firearms, etc……?
    Last edited by peterb; 11-18-2021 at 08:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    "That Baldwin had the opportunity to inspect the weapon for live ammo before he directed it at Ms. Hutchins and pressed the trigger, killing her."

I'm not an attorney and law school was a long time ago, but it seems to me that the above is the sticky point. If it is not his job to inspect the weapon, if, moreover, the actor (any actor) is strongly discouraged, if not forbidden, to inspect the weapon then his responsibility would seem to evaporate. However, if the reports of plinking some time before the shooting are true (and it seems Baldwin wasn't part of these activities) and the weapon in question was used for that plinking, then whomever handed Baldwin the gun could be up for that involuntary manslaughter, or at least be the direct target of the likely civil suit.

Lots of "ifs" here; way too many to be sure of anything yet.
    FWIW

"I've been on sets for 40 years, and the person that hands you the gun, the person that is responsible for the gun, is either the prop person or the armorer. Period," Clooney, 60, said.

"Every single time I'm handed a gun on the set, every time, they hand me a gun, I look at. I open it. I show it to the person I pointed to. We show it to the crew. Every single take, you hand it back to the armorer when you're done,"

https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-kno...ng-infuriating
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List