Page 12 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Alec Baldwin kills crew member on set with "prop gun"

I think a lot of the confusion is the industry terms used in articles without clarification on what's considered a prop or live ammo. A prop is anything on the set including rubber guns and real guns. Live ammo includes dummy rounds and blanks so not 'live' in the same way we think of ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post

Even if it isn't standard industry practice (stupidly), I still cannot fathom the crew, including the actor, not checking and rechecking a gun after it had supposedly "accidentally" fired live rounds 3 times before. It seems much more likely that those incidents were either fabricated after the fact or involved horseplay with blanks from unprofessional/incompetent staff.
    On any union show, whether its on the stage and under Actors Equity, or in film under SAG, there are uber strict Union rules on who handles what and if you want to keep your job, you don't violate them. I remember shortly after I'd earned my green card (Union card for Actors Equity, yeah I know) and was working my first Union production. I was working as an actor in that particular show. I was walking across the stage when I noticed a hammer lying on the stage, obviously left there by a member of the crew. I picked it up and took it into the shop, without thinking anything about it. I them received quite a verbal ass raping by the Shop Steward for jumping out of Union rules and jeopardizing a techies job. The actor does NOT check the props. Reportedly, this wasn't a Union show, but habits become ingrained. Most actors barely know how to pull the trigger let alone check a weapons status.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    I was working as an actor in that particular show. I was walking across the stage when I noticed a hammer lying on the stage, obviously left there by a member of the crew. I picked it up and took it into the shop, without thinking anything about it. I them received quite a verbal ass raping by the Shop Steward for jumping out of Union rules and jeopardizing a techies job.
    Yep, sounds like a union job for sure! Good thing you didn't try to change a lightbulb lest someone would "trip" on the ladder, causing you to fall.

I was hanging out with a friend at a dive expo where he was representing his company and they decided a display needed to be moved to the other side of the booth. So, they picked it up and moved it 6 feet. Not 5 minutes later, a crew of bruisers showed up and scolded them for moving it and said that if they continued with their behavior they'd be ejected. I mean, these guys were so stereotypical it was just comical.

Yes. The expo management was literally watching cameras for people moving stuff inside their own booth.

/tangent
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

In addition to all the other lessons to be learned from this event, I can now say that I know what a “pay piggie” is.

Yet one more thing I didn’t know that I can’t afford. Thanks again, P-F.

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    In addition to all the other lessons to be learned from this event, I can now say that I know what a “pay piggie” is.

Yet one more thing I didn’t know that I can’t afford. Thanks again, P-F.

The first time I saw the term "findom", I had to look it up. So bizarre...

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mac View Post
    The first time I saw the term "findom", I had to look it up. So bizarre...
    I always assumed that was a class of Furries who are into sharks...

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    I always assumed that was a class of Furries who are into sharks...
    That's quite a lot of internet you just won, sir.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

My eyes have been opened to the Hollywood social elite. I'll never watch another Oscar presentation as long as I live and SNL is dubious at best.

I might explore this Pay Piggie thing though.
    Last edited by Borderland; 10-23-2021 at 07:45 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

My first year roommate from college ended up dating a dominatrix from Manhattan during our junior or senior year. She made a ton off the "findom" thing.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    My first year roommate from college ended up dating a dominatrix from Manhattan during our junior or senior year. She made a ton off the "findom" thing.
    I think my neighbor qualifies. But it's his money. Not throwing stones.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

User Tag List