Page 42 of 60 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: Alec Baldwin kills crew member on set with "prop gun"

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    I’m trying to remember the threshold for a SAG card… I *think* it’s a speaking part with more than 5 words. There’s a mini-racket on that, because you can get a speaking part (“under 5,” or “under 5 lines” in a film production) and then pay your dues—which allows access to all the cool union stuff, including insurance. I have a couple of musician friends who found a way to fit into the “under 5” category by being a “speaking part” extra in a flick, and then used their SAG membership to get their health insurance while they did starving musician shit the rest of the time.

Any rate; carry on.
    Someone was recently telling me about this and the resulting temptation if given the line "hello" in a movie to instead rapidly blurt something like "hello Bob how are you?" to hit that 5 word mark.

I can't remember if this resulted in success or failure, though.
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Baldwin has reached a civil settlement with the husband of the gal he killed. Production of Rust will resume with the husband now getting a producer credit

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    Baldwin has reached a civil settlement with the husband of the gal he killed. Production of Rust will resume with the husband now getting a producer credit
    Is this a great country or what?
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    There's a reason some call it "Hollyweird".

See also "everyone has their price".

-Rainman

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    You killed my daughter. I demand justice!

But I'll settle for a few bucks and a Producer credit.

#Idiocracy
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

I thought you were joking. From CNN:

"The family of Halyna Hutchins, the cinematographer killed on the "Rust" movie set in 2021, and Alec Baldwin have reached an undisclosed settlement in the wrongful death lawsuit filed against the actor and others, according to a statement released by the actor's attorney.

The lawsuit, filed in February in Santa Fe, against Baldwin, the film's production companies, its producers and other key members of the crew, alleged numerous industry standard violations.

Matthew Hutchins, widower of Halyna Hutchins who was killed on set, will be an executive producer on film, the statement adds.

"We have reached a settlement, subject to court approval, for our wrongful death case against the producers of Rust, including Alec Baldwin and Rust Movie Productions, LLC. As part of that settlement, our case will be dismissed. The filming of Rust, which I will now executive produce, will resume with all the original principal players on board in January 2023. I have no interest in engaging in recriminations or attribution of blame (to the producers or Mr. Baldwin). All of us believe Halyna's death was a terrible accident. I am grateful that the producers and the entertainment community have come together to pay tribute to Halyna's final work," Hutchins said in a statement."

Wow.
    "It was the fuck aroundest of times, it was the find outest of times."- 45dotACP

The lawyers earned their money on that one.

Any word on criminal charges?

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Apparently baldwin has had some kind of mind alteration since the shooting. I have heard 3-4 times on the radio in the last 2 days that he now says he didn't pull the trigger of the gun.

The main question is: Does Baldwin still get to use guns while filming?

Weird indeed.

I guess because I'm not an "artist", I cannot imagine wanting to continue on with a project that led to the death of my wife.

Also, I read this story on a few other websites and while everyone seems to be happy, lovey dovey, right now, don't be surprised to see the fangs come out in the near future. Everyone is ganging up on the armorer. Unqualified, irresponsible, many other bad adjectives were thrown in her Direction.

User Tag List