Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Alec Baldwin kills crew member on set with "prop gun"

Ban props from movie sets!
    Name:  dfjxs9miyxu71.jpg
Views: 972
Size:  30.8 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Robert Mitchum; 10-22-2021 at 03:43 AM.

This sucks from every angle. Yes, it’s darkly ironic that it was Baldwin who did it, but I wouldn’t wish this on him or anyone else.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    This sucks from every angle. Yes, it’s darkly ironic that it was Baldwin who did it, but I wouldn’t wish this on him or anyone else.
    Agree.

I have no idea what happened, but blank vs. wadcutter has been a fatal mistake more than once.

Name:  785A28DB-586C-4871-9B38-1433A2568E75.png
Views: 939
Size:  91.8 KB

http://www.activeresponsetraining.ne...aining-tragedy

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    That is utterly tragic. My thoughts are with the family and friends of Halyna Hutchins and, say what you want about Alec, but no one deserves that on their conscience the rest of their life.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

We demand Movie Prop Gun Control!

The American people should not have to live in fear every time they enter a movie set, send their child actors to work on a motion picture, or sleep in their own bed inside a movie set trailer at night, and this is ultimately the reason we need Movie Prop Gun Control. The time has come to let logic win and to bring common sense and compassion to the dialogue on Movie Prop Guns.

I can’t wait to hear/read the lecturing about this incident despite the lack of information from the same sorts of gun folk who get incensed when you tell them not to point the gun in their hand at folks and their response is “it’s not loaded!” /eyeroll

Truly an unfortunate tragedy.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    We demand Movie Prop Gun Control!

The American people should not have to live in fear every time they enter a movie set, send their child actors to work on a motion picture, or sleep in their own bed inside a movie set trailer at night, and this is ultimately the reason we need Movie Prop Gun Control. The time has come to let logic win and to bring common sense and compassion to the dialogue on Movie Prop Guns.
    I know this is satire, but if one compares the frequency of this kind of incident in the film industry vs the average gun owner NDing with a tragic outcome then I’ll take the former’s numbers any day. However, the latter also usually has several people whose whole job description is “ensure shit like this doesn’t happen”.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Could be the barrel plug failed and launched?

I was under the impression that blank firing guns were never aimed directly at other people for this reason. Any time a muzzle is obviously aimed at someone it had to be either a gas gun or a rubber gun with effects added in post.

Maybe these f**** should stop making movies and video games that require "gun violence" (gag) to solve problems.

They should make movies about much more interesting things like diversity food equity and problem solving and the threats of global warming.

I'm sure with their great acting skills they would get an equal amount of viewers.

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    I know this is satire, but if one compares the frequency of this kind of incident in the film industry vs the average gun owner NDing with a tragic outcome then I’ll take the former’s numbers any day. However, the latter also usually has several people whose whole job description is “ensure shit like this doesn’t happen”.
    Given modern haptics technology(for recoil impulse) + CGI effects, one could ask if blank-firing is even necessary for a lot of film firearms.

I’m imaging something like a blowback airsoft that ejected cases, with sound and muzzle flash added in post.

User Tag List