Page 10 of 60 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Alec Baldwin kills crew member on set with "prop gun"

Site Supporter
    That’s based on what was told to police by involved parties - which doesn’t mean it’s what actually happened

Site Supporter
    Wow. That account strains credulity, as I can’t imagine a process that allows a gun loaded with real bullets to be anywhere near other “props”.

I'm kind of surprised they didn't have an ambulance on standby. I figured that would've been standard practice for movie sets for any number of reasons, not just the handling of firearms.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    That’s based on what was told to police by involved parties - which doesn’t mean it’s what actually happened
    I’ll go ahead and predict a quick round of finger pointing, with Alec pointing at assistant director Hall; Hall pointing at armorer Hannah G-R, and Hannah G-R pointing back at both Hall and Baldwin. It’ll take a bit of unravelling to get to a conclusion.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

This image is a screen shot of this Telegram link.
    (sorry I went to the trouble to screen shot it, but I can not seem to upload the file from my computer
    PF seems to only allow URL's which do not begin with file:// and my upload image does not have an OK button)

https://t.me/TommyRobinsonNews/27623

https://t.me/s/TommyRobinsonNews/27623
    Last edited by nycnoob; 10-23-2021 at 01:51 PM.
    "To achieve any significant technological breakthrough, much Derp must be endured." -Rich@CCC
    "Your shotgun is running a bit frenetic, you should add some lavender to your lubricant, that should calm it down." -Aray, Oils and Lotions SME

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    But that is their everyday experience at work. Many workplaces have norms that are not the same as “normal” life.

A lot of folks here are comfortable with real weapons and live ammunition and gunfire, and are wary of activities involving replica weapons or simulated gunfire. From an outside perspective, that’s also a bit odd. ;-)
    I live in southern AZ, and have been to Tombstone I don’t even know how many times. I’ve hunted the hills and ranches nearest the town I don’t know how many times.

I have *never* gone to a fake gunfight there.

https://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...walked-off-set

Baldwin’s stunt double accidentally fired two rounds Saturday after being told that the gun was “cold” — lingo for a weapon that doesn’t have any ammunition, including blanks — two crew members who witnessed the episode told the Los Angeles Times.
    "To achieve any significant technological breakthrough, much Derp must be endured." -Rich@CCC
    "Your shotgun is running a bit frenetic, you should add some lavender to your lubricant, that should calm it down." -Aray, Oils and Lotions SME

This is the on-set armorer who was in charge at the time.

Name:  Hannah Reed.jpg
Views: 1009
Size:  89.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    The person pulling the trigger has to be one of the people whose job it is to confirm safety.
    I agree in principle. But as several others with far more experience have noted that is not standard film practice, because there are specific details being focused on in a given scene. And the actor is supposed to follow directions.

--

I am in agreement with folks though, I have no idea why there are ever live guns on a movie set. Deactivated guns, blank guns, and very realistic replicas are easy to find/source/make.

I recalled the Brandon Lee story incorrectly. The loaded .44 magnum rounds without a powder charge, but left the primers in place. It was meant to show the bullets in front of the cylinder. Someone fired a squib into the barrel with the primer charge. Full power blanks where then loaded into the revolver for the blast effect, and the squib was fired into Lee’s abdomen. It took a few seconds for the crew to realize what had happened, and Lee died during surgery six hours later.

I pulled the bullets and powder from some .38 specials, so my wife could shoot them into the air on the 4th of July. Primers have some pretty could juice, and leave a mess.

User Tag List