Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MGW Universal Sight Installer, Worth It?

Quote Originally Posted by MandoWookie View Post
    So the rangemaster is cheaper, but might not work for front sights on some pistols, and either way you need specific blocks for specific models of handgun.
    Another question, would either work on the front sight dovetails of the 92x series?
    And is the full size M&P 45 one of the guns that the front sight is to far forward for the rangmaster?
    Yes, on the Vertec slides.

[QUOTE=beenalongtime;1279923]Yes, on the Vertec

Cool, so it should also work on the 92X, as those are essentially the same thing.

[QUOTE=MandoWookie;1279954][QUOTE=beenalongtime;1279923]Yes, on the Vertec

Cool, so it should also work on the 92X, as those are essentially the same thing.[/QUOTE

Yes, they are both Vertec slides as are the LTT ones.
    This is said to do 95% of the front sights, so I figured the other 5% going to a gunsmith later, verses more ammo when I bought it, was the better trade off for me. (2018 or 2019 don't remember)

mine has paid for its self (got it for 120 on sale and plates cost 15) because I went through a stage of switching guns a lot. I have done probably 10+ sight changes for myself and also the same amount for other peoples guns. One of the best investments I have made for guns.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    mine has paid for its self (got it for 120 on sale and plates cost 15) because I went through a stage of switching guns a lot. I have done probably 10+ sight changes for myself and also the same amount for other peoples guns. One of the best investments I have made for guns.
    You did REAL good if you got the Sight Pro for that. (better then half off $180 discount)

Quote Originally Posted by beenalongtime View Post
    You did REAL good if you got the Sight Pro for that. (better then half off $180 discount)
    Just looked, I have the range master! Hah, but it has been awesome

Definitely worth it.

I'm looking at both MGW sight tools. Is the extra $100 worth it for the Universal? I'm primarily looking to use it on Glock pistols and HK pistols. Might use it to push a rear sight to the correct spot on a 1911, Beretta, or CZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledviking View Post
    I'm looking at both MGW sight tools. Is the extra $100 worth it for the Universal? I'm primarily looking to use it on Glock pistols and HK pistols. Might use it to push a rear sight to the correct spot on a 1911, Beretta, or CZ.

Post 5 in this thread. Designed for rear sights, the front lug on the guns is the big difference on the front sights (if you do a lot of 1911 fronts, then maybe). Watch the video.

In case someone is looking for a deal on the MGW Compact Universal, Beretta USA has them in stock and they're running their Black Friday offers which on this sight pusher alone brought it down to $175.36 including tax and free shipping. I've got one coming. https://www.beretta.com/en-us/gun-ac...rsal-mgw-tool/

MidwayUSA appears to have the best price for the shoes and are running free shipping on order over $49.
    See below for discount codes.

User Tag List