Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MGW Universal Sight Installer, Worth It?

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledviking View Post
    I'm looking at both MGW sight tools. Is the extra $100 worth it for the Universal? I'm primarily looking to use it on Glock pistols and HK pistols. Might use it to push a rear sight to the correct spot on a 1911, Beretta, or CZ.
    Just wanted to piggy back on this post:

Same question, the question is what benefit the Sight-Pro offers over the Universal, for me. The difference appears to be in the "reach":

Sight-Pro $299

"The Sight-Pro has a reach of 1.750" and is suitable for slides that feature a long under-lug. "

MGW Armory Rangemaster Universal $199

"The Range Master has a reach of .750" and is suitable for most slides; if installing a front sight on a slide with a long under-lug, the Sight Pro from MGW Armory provides a further reach."

I've watched the videos from MGW. My context/use would be 1911s and Sig P365s. I don't mind spending the extra $100 for the Sight-Pro if the extra "reach" provides access front sights on guns like a 1911. Am I understanding that right?

Hammertime
    I have the MGW sight tool and it is awesome.

They also make a short shifter for the Corvette that is brilliantly designed and executed. I enjoy that a lot more.

Sorry I can’t answer questions about the differences between the sight tool models, but their stuff it overall top notch.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post

Same question, the question is what benefit the Sight-Pro offers over the Universal, for me. The difference appears to be in the "reach":

Sight-Pro $299

"The Sight-Pro has a reach of 1.750" and is suitable for slides that feature a long under-lug. "

"The Range Master has a reach of .750" and is suitable for most slides; if installing a front sight on a slide with a long under-lug, the Sight Pro from MGW Armory provides a further reach."

I've watched the videos from MGW. My context/use would be 1911s and Sig P365s. I don't mind spending the extra $100 for the Sight-Pro if the extra "reach" provides access front sights on guns like a 1911. Am I understanding that right?
    Yes, if you're going to replace front sights on a 1911, you'll need the Sight-Pro. I ended up having to borrow a Sight-Pro in order to replace a front sight on a 1911.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post

Sight-Pro $299

I got the following back from MGW after I sent them this question:

MGW Support
    11:42 AM (4 hours ago)
    to me

That is correct. The sight pro is definitely the one to get to use on front sights for 1911s and other tactical long slides.

George

User Tag List