Thread: Vickers Tactical / TangoDownVP9 baseplates

Vickers Tactical / TangoDownVP9 baseplates

I just got a pack of 5 for my factory 17 round VP9 mags. One thing that immediately stands out is that there is roughly 1/4 inch less depth in the Vickers plates vs. the HK factory plates. It shows in loading the mags to full capacity and seating on a closed slide. The Vickers mags load and seat much, much tighter.

I may be able to put rounds Through the mags with the Vickers floor plates tomorrow. In the meantime, can anyone give me an educated opinion on this being a potential problem, how and why? Thanks. All 5 mags are brand new as well.

Quote Originally Posted by UniSol View Post
    I just got a pack of 5 for my factory 17 round VP9 mags. One thing that immediately stands out is that there is roughly 1/4 inch less depth in the Vickers plates vs. the HK factory plates. It shows in loading the mags to full capacity and seating on a closed slide. The Vickers mags load and seat much, much tighter.

I may be able to put rounds Through the mags with the Vickers floor plates tomorrow. In the meantime, can anyone give me an educated opinion on this being a potential problem, how and why? Thanks. All 5 mags are brand new as well.
    Try downloading by 1 round.

Doesn't give you any real answers or a knowledgeable solution, but might be a good work-around; kinda similar to what some of us do with our Glock magazines....

Best, Jon

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    Try downloading by 1 round.

Doesn't give you any real answers or a knowledgeable solution, but might be a good work-around; kinda similar to what some of us do with our Glock magazines....

Best, Jon
    True. Thanks for your response. It’s a non-issue ultimately. I can swap back to the factory floor plates or download by one round. Just curious because I do like the look of the Vickers plates and was surprised at the difference, especially since they were just released. My main question is how the excess compression would affect the springs over time.

User Tag List