Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mossberg enters micro compact market MC2SC

Mossberg enters micro compact market MC2SC

This looks good for Mossberg. 11 rnd flush fit and 14 rnd extended mag in Glock design/function polymer frame that also takes MC2C mags so 15 rounders already available. It is optics ready which the MC2C and MC1 have not been so maybe that means the others will follow. All the usual features of metal sights, front and rear cocking serrations, flat trigger, extractor that doubles as loaded chamber indicator. Metal drop free mags and no trigger pull to dis-assemble. A couple less parts than a Glock but same basic functioning and easier to clean striker and striker channel. US made. It seems similar to the 365XL but slightly smaller so in between the XL and regular 365. No word of what the optic is cut for or plates system if any.

I hope H&K does double stack/stack and half when they come out with theirs unlike the missed opportunity CZ and Beretta made.

Here is some more info on the MC2SC. Specs compare almost identically to the Shield plus. The length is .1 longer and the barrel is .3" longer but otherwise pretty much the same while the flush fit mag holds one more round as does the extended mag at 11 and 14. MSRP is $50 cheaper.

https://www.mossberg.com/product/mc2sc-89025/

https://www.smith-wesson.com/product...plus?sku=13534

That's so ugly its almost cute... Did Taurus design it?

There’s a lot to like about the Mossberg design, like the low optic cut - but that crossbolt safety. Oy.

I suppose the crossbolt makes sense for Mossberg and their intended market.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    There’s a lot to like about the Mossberg design, like the low optic cut - but that crossbolt safety. Oy.

I just don’t get why someone cannot (or will not) make an excellent manual safety on these guns. If you are going to have a manual safety anyway, do the best job you possibly can making it.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post

I agree. Thank God they offer it without that feature. I find it odd from Mossberg since they have the better ergonomic safety on their shotguns. Speaking of low optics cut I think the rounded slide top makes for a good design for low cut and regular sights since it raises the sight plane naturally. Mossberg seems to have took the Glock and addressed most of the common "complaints". Metal sights,grip angle, pulling the trigger to disassemble, higher capacity slimlines, etc. I may have to pick one up to show support and check them out in more detail. It's always nice to see a historic US manufacturer making strides in the market.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    I just don’t get why someone cannot (or will not) make an excellent manual safety on these guns. If you are going to have a manual safety anyway, do the best job you possibly can making it.
    Right. Smith put a pretty good safety on the M&P 22. The 320 safety is ok, but most modern manual safeties are terrible. Even a 1911 GI safety is superior to almost every modern design.

For some reason, gun companies just can't seem to get manual safeties or grip texture right (almost every pistol, including this Mossberg, omits grip texture high on the frame where it is most needed).

They need to stop coming out with new things until they unfuck their current production stuff. The Academy I teach at just bought Mossberg 500s to use and they were the biggest pieces of shit I’ve ever seen. How you fuck up a 500 is beyond me. The safeties were so hard to deactivate we stopped using them. The student needed both thumbs to get them to move, if they moved at all.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    They need to stop coming out with new things until they unfuck their current production stuff. The Academy I teach at just bought Mossberg 500s to use and they were the biggest pieces of shit I’ve ever seen. How you fuck up a 500 is beyond me. The safeties were so hard to deactivate we stopped using them. The student needed both thumbs to get them to move, if they moved at all.
    Did anyone contact Mossberg about this problem?

User Tag List