Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Product Improved G26

Hammertime

Product Improved G26

We have talked about this in other threads, but recently this came to the forefront for me.

I like to hike and backpack. I like to hike armed. Sometimes the hikes involve a lot of climbing and weight is a real enemy on these hikes therefore the G26 has, for the most part been my hiking pistol.

Should I need a pistol in the night while camping or hiking in extremely dark environments, a WML is extremely useful. That leads to the improved G26:

Name:  chopped19.jpeg
Views: 1214
Size:  82.8 KB

This is mostly a proof of concept. It if works out I may be chopping some Gen 5 MOS pistols.

For me the G19 slide shoots very nice and I think they are probably marginally more reliable than a G26.

Plus a 19 slide can mount a light and or optic more easily. If this works out I see little to no need going forward for a G26.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    If this works out I see little to no need going forward for a G26.
    Apostate! Stone him!

There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    I did this on a gen3 to get the benefits of better reliability from 10round g26 mags in a mag capacity constrained state, plus some extra concealability. I have small hands and liked the result. But I don’t think you are saving that much weight compared to a g19 with the mag downloaded to hold only 10 rounds, are you?

The G19K has been talked about a lot over the years, I'm sure there are plenty of others on here who's grip chopped their 19s that can chime in.

I agree that the weight savings on this is going to be almost exclusively in the ammunition department - so if you're sticking with 10 round mags you'll achieve your goal.

Just to put in another point of view: a short grip and long(er) slide tends to worsen handgun retention in a "hands on" confrontation; you have less of the gun to hold on to, the bad guy has more of the gun to hold on to.

It's not the only thing to make one's choices on but I think it should be part of the thought process.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

You are treading a dangerous line here, as there apparently is no such thing as a “product improved 26.” At least you had the sense to not stick the picture of your mongrel Glock in the G 5 26 shrine…. I mean thread.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    You are treading a dangerous line here, as there apparently is no such thing as a “product improved 26.” At least you had the sense to not stick the picture of your mongrel Glock in the G 5 26 shrine…. I mean thread.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Finally.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I thought they was a gonna stone you Old Testament style for the chopped 19x.

All roads lead to the G19…

User Tag List