Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Standard Manufacturing - Making Stupid Guns I still kind of want

Standard Manufacturing - Making Stupid Guns I still kind of want

You probably know them best for the retarded volley fire .22 Mag revolver called the "S333 Thunderstruck" - It's dumb, it's stupid, it's idiotic. I still kind of want one:

And you may know them from the equally retarded double barrel pump action DP-12 shotgun. That is definitely dumb, stupid, idiotic, and I want one because Doom and Turok figured too much into my adolescence:

Now they are introducing something just as stupid - and you guessed it - I kind of want one. Introducing the Switchgun: if a NAA Mini with a folding grip met a spring and had a baby:

I have zero use for any of these guns, I want them all for reasons I can't explain. But can only explain with a single word, 'Murica.

You need to lust after a better quality of derp.
    Standard is for those who think Kel-Tec is posh.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    You need to lust after a better quality of derp.
    Standard is for those who think Kel-Tec is posh.
    Lust might be a bit of an overstatement.

I want these guns, kind of like I want a Ferrari. Or a British motorcycle. Fun to play with and look at, but you don't expect them to run long or stand up to substantial use.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Lust might be a bit of an overstatement.

I want these guns, kind of like I want a Ferrari. Or a British motorcycle. Fun to play with and look at, but you don't expect them to run long or stand up to substantial use.
    I would put it more as the Pontiac Fiero with the OBO sign, or a fling with that kind of hawt trailer park chick in line at Walmart myself.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

The last "Thunderstruck" I saw was keyholing and couldn't hit a full-size IDPA silhouette at 5 yards.

Absolute trash guns.

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

I've actually heard good things about the DP12, including from a guy I know and trust... His has held together and he says it's incredibly fun to shoot. One big problem it has is the "12" actually refers to it weighing 12 pounds.
    Also, when shooting you can't re-engage the safety until you fire both barrels... If one barrel is still loaded you're just SOL. That's totally unacceptable.
    Last edited by GearFondler; 10-21-2021 at 05:29 AM.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    I have zero use for any of these guns, I want them all for reasons I can't explain. But can only explain with a single word, 'Murica.
    Talk to @LittleLebowski and maybe he can make you the moderator of a new sub-forum "Derp Guns".

Those guns look the the guns for Yugo collectors.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Talk to @LittleLebowski and maybe he can make you the moderator of a new sub-forum "Derp Guns".
    This is the best idea I've heard today so far. Of course I haven't seen any "real" people yet either.

You probably know them best for the retarded volley fire .22 Mag revolver called the "S333 Thunderstruck" - It's dumb, it's stupid, it's idiotic... 'Murica.

Also, "DP-12"? Really?!? Who does their marketing, 13-year olds?
    Last edited by Guerrero; 10-21-2021 at 09:53 AM.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Site Supporter
    Having been similarly influenced by stuff like Doom and Ghost in a Shell growing up, I irrationally love space guns. That led to buying a few really expensive and really stupid guns.

Right now there's a lot of stupid, unreliable, detachable-magazine fed space shotguns on the market now, bullpups even. They look absolutely space-gun video game GLORIOUS and there's a few that I lust for on looks alone.
    Thankfully I haven't been compelled to buy one because I refuse send money to Turkey in any kind of way.

User Tag List