Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Standard Manufacturing - Making Stupid Guns I still kind of want

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    You probably know them best for the retarded volley fire .22 Mag revolver called the "S333 Thunderstruck" - It's dumb, it's stupid, it's idiotic. I still kind of want one:...
    Name:  c8d6b7d1904b6e7ab954578337290f74.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  53.1 KB
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I am intrigued by their derpy guns but I kinda prefer their less derpy guns.......

Name:  3B3A688D-0981-482B-BE15-1C20C981ECC7.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  57.0 KB
    Name:  5048D278-C44B-486B-A57B-C8EF3E246FCF.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  83.7 KB
    Name:  57842480497__C0F857A7-74CE-40F9-8378-D1E4B8ED6F2A.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  39.0 KB
    Name:  StdMan.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  51.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    I would put it more as the Pontiac Fiero with the OBO sign, or a fling with that kind of hawt trailer park chick in line at Walmart myself.
    You say that like it's a bad thing...

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    The last "Thunderstruck" I saw was keyholing and couldn't hit a full-size IDPA silhouette at 5 yards.

Absolute trash guns.

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    I've actually heard good things about the DP12, including from a guy I know and trust... His has held together and he says it's incredibly fun to shoot. One big problem it has is the "12" actually refers to it weighing 12 pounds.
    Also, when shooting you can't re-engage the safety until you fire both barrels... If one barrel is still loaded you're just SOL. That's totally unacceptable.
    Someone point me out to another forum, where I can simultaneously share my shameful derp desires and STILL get good feedback from folks on them? P-F really does shine like a diamond in a goat's ass compared to the rest of the gunternet.

See thanks to LHS and GearFondler I can cross the S333 and the DP12 off my list. Because a gun that can't hit a target at 5-yards is dangerous and a gun that must fire two rounds before being able to safe the weapon is also dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Name:  c8d6b7d1904b6e7ab954578337290f74.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  53.1 KB
    Well, what would else would you call someone who gets a PhD in this job market? These would just be another in a long line of mistakes...

You say that like it's a bad thing...

Someone point me out to another forum, where I can simultaneously share my shameful derp desires and STILL get good feedback from folks on them? P-F really does shine like a diamond in a goat's ass compared to the rest of the gunternet.

... and a gun that must fire two rounds before being able to safe the weapon is also dangerous.
    I feel ya', believe me. Weird guns have their own appeal sometimes.

In fairness(?) to the DP12 you can manually eject that unfired shell to engage the safety but then both barrels are now empty. It's a Fubar manual of arms that I would never trust myself to remember in a fight. You basically Have to fire double taps each time to keep shit straight.
    Also, unsurprisingly, the barrels are not regulated... So 15yd with buckshot is probably not too bad but 35yds with slugs? Good luck. Do you zero for just one barrel or try to find a compromised middle ground? I saw one article where the owner mounted a pair of RDS in-line, one for each barrel. I'm not even joking.

Site Supporter

Well, what would else would you call someone who gets a PhD in this job market? These would just be another in a long line of mistakes...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Amazing that a company known for making rally nice shotguns, and absolutely beautiful single-action sixguns, in the Colt SAA pattern, will also make derp. Hmm. Perhaps the derpy line is a place for new employees to make their beginner mistakes?

A local gun store has had several of the Standard Manufacturing single actions sixguns available, for sale, new, in recent months. Such nice touches as the screws, in the side of the frame, having the threads “timed” so that the slots are aligned with the barrel, show the level of craftsmanship involved. I have very nearly pulled out my credit card, more than once.
    Last edited by Rex G; 10-22-2021 at 10:43 AM.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

User Tag List