Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Cryptocurrency

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    HODLing makes sense. A portion of my paycheck gets direct deposited into bitcoin, so I figure the ammo was purchased with post-drop funds.

There wasn't any particular reason that I couldn't have bought that ammo with a credit/debit card instead. My point was, there are some retailers that will take your crypto currency.
    Who do you use to direct deposit if you don't mind sharing? I DCA using strike but I still have to deposit my funds manually.

Currently using strike too. I’m just starting to look into Bitwage, which I understand automates the process.
    David S.

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    From Palantir co-founder Joe Lonsdale, most crypto companies will 'crash' after years of industry Ponzi schemes:

Overall, I think you're going to have most things crash. [Various crypto lenders, crypto tokens and other parts of the ecosystem were] a Ponzi scheme, and it made no sense whatsoever...[Over the last several years, crypto projects have been] valued not based on cash flows, not based on creating value in the economy, but based on what people would pay for it...

Long term, there's a good part of crypto, but most of what we saw in crypto the last three, four, five years was a speculative bubble driven by cheap money and driven by a lot of these Ponzi schemes...

Despite the recent turmoil in cryptocurrency markets, crypto-based technologies will continue developing more capabilities... Blockchain technology used in cryptocurrencies allows funds to be transferred online without using traditional government or bank infrastructure, enabling a new and important way to move money globally...Blockchain technology will still be an important part of the future...This ecosystem, long term, I think you will have some of this stuff emerge as useful for the world...But that's not all we're seeing right now
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

Look at the bright side, once crypto works through this implosion, if something emerges it will likely be less expensive and more fraud resistant.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    https://fortune.com/2022/10/27/jim-c...erse-facebook/

I retain my position of zero holdings but not because of Cramer advice.

Meh. I’ve got a decent amount of Bitcoin and Etherium, and plan to hold it.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Jim Cramer advice.
    David S.

An excellent, high level, discussion on the FTX scandal, etc.

David S.

User Tag List