Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Thread: Cryptocurrency

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    While I am open to being educated, I still am not smart enough to understand crypto.
    It might be fun to try to do a series of explanations that follow YVKs very sound rule of 'Doesn't read any posts over two paragraphs'.

I'll think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by MickAK View Post
    It might be fun to try to do a series of explanations that follow YVKs very sound rule of 'Doesn't read any posts over two paragraphs'.

I'll think about it.
    That's the take away. I always suspect a sermon or pitch. Nobody has time for that unless you're an attorney for which you might be paid.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    That's the take away. I always suspect a sermon or pitch. Nobody has time for that unless you're an attorney for which you might be paid.
    In my experience. This might piss people off. The attorney gets paid on something. Unless you work for the irs.

Quote Originally Posted by camel View Post
    My understanding of blockchain is that there is always a record built into the code of each transaction. is that not the case. And if that is not the case. How fungible is it and backed by what?
    Non-KYC Bitcoin is just a term people use but it’s all the same Bitcoin and on the block chain. Most exchanges require you to submit personal info including a copy of you ID. But you can get BTC from places that don’t require that. A BTC ATM for example.

If you had a wallet that only had BTC, which was purchased from places that didn’t require any personal info, it can be 100% anonymous. But you can never put BTC in the wallet that you got from somewhere that requires your personal info, or in theory it could be traced to you.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter

I'll think about it.
    It's a made-up foreign exchange currency market where many get left holding the bags.

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    It's a made-up foreign exchange currency market where many get left holding the bags.
    After the last 3 years I'm not exactly sure how that differs.

Site Supporter
    After the last 3 years I'm not exactly sure how that differs.
    It doesn't.

User Tag List