Thread: Practical Revolver - 11/20/21, Culpeper Va.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar

Practical Revolver - 11/20/21, Culpeper Va.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/practic...s-195083097797

Name:  revolvers.jpg
Views: 427
Size:  101.5 KB

You could be forgiven for thinking that nobody uses revolvers anymore...but Smith & Wesson and Ruger are producing more than half a million revolvers every year. Colt has re-entered the revolver market. Even Kimber is making revolvers now. Revolvers are experiencing something of a renaissance at the moment, but unfortunately most modern buyers don't know the practical realities of living with the revolver on a day to day basis.

Practical Revolver is a coaching-intensive class designed to help you learn the keys to shooting the revolver well, loading and manipulating it reliably, and how to care for the revolver so it will operate as expected when you call on it to protect yourself, hit a target, or harvest game.

Topics in the course (time permitting) will include:

• Proper grip of the revolver
    • Managing the double action trigger
    • Thinking differently about your sights
    • Reloading methods and equipment
    • Critical maintenance
    • Handling practices to maintain long term reliability
    • Ammunition selection
    • Reloading techniques and equipment
    • When single action operation makes sense

Equipment requirements:

• At least one revolver in good working order : having a backup, or having a snub and a full sized revolver are advised. All day with a lightweight snub might be unpleasant
    • Quality belt holster: OWB, IWB, AIWB are all fine assuming they fit your revolver properly
    • Soft bristled brush: suitable for cleaning the forcing cone and underneath the ejector star of your revolver. A toothbrush will be fine.
    • Cleaning rod & brush for your caliber: In case your cylinder needs a scrubbing during class
    • IF you are not using a .38, at least six dummy cartridges: We only have .38 dummies.
    • 150 rounds of ammunition: FMJ ammunition is suggested as it cuts down on lead buildup on the revolver. More than 150 rounds would be useful if you want to do more live fire
    • Reloading devices: Speed loaders (Safariland, HKS, SpeedBeez, etc), speed strips, pouches...it's your choice. Whatever you want to work with. Each device has its benefits and drawbacks as you will see in class.
    • Eye and ear protection: ballistically rated eye protection is required, electronic hearing protection is preferred.

Practical Revolver will be an opportunity to test your revolver and your support gear under the eye of skilled coaches who can help you optimize your performance. It should be a fun and interesting day focusing on the not-quite lost art of the wheelgun guided by instructors who have used revolvers all their lives.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/practic...s-195083097797
    3/15/2016

Nice!
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

Wish I could make it.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Wish I could make it.
    It would be really cool to have you there! I'm sure at some point we'll end up on the same range at the same time. You can tell folks about the utility of shotguns for urban combat!
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    It would be really cool to have you there! I'm sure at some point we'll end up on the same range at the same time. You can tell folks about the utility of shotguns for urban combat!
    I'd love to.

We're down to two seats left in this class!
    3/15/2016

Site Supporter
    Is this class likely to make a return in the next 6-12 months? I can't make it this weekend, but would really like to take a revolver class. I missed the one scheduled last year due to Covid.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    Is this class likely to make a return in the next 6-12 months? I can't make it this weekend, but would really like to take a revolver class. I missed the one scheduled last year due to Covid.

Chris
    It is likely to be back in 2022.
    3/15/2016

Site Supporter
    I’m another that can’t make it this weekend but would definitely preregister for a future class.

User Tag List