Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Send it to Sokol! (BHP content)

Magnificently done. I'd echo the suggestion for leather; both for its classic look to match the gun, and to avoid (or at least minimize/delay) marring the beautiful finish during drawing and holstering-Privateer would be my first choice, then likely Kramer these days. If you need something fast, Galco is quite decent.

Best, Jon

Site Supporter
    In a perfect world, a proper gentleman could pick up a pistol like this in the 'gun department', then get over to the belt & holster department to get it fitted for a proper bespoke holster in a material of choice that matches a chosen belt.
    After which you'd take the both of them to the men's clothing department, and have your Ted Baker suit fitted to accommodate said holster & gun.

Pure class, and every bit a 'gentleman's pistol' if there ever was one. Nicely done!!

I'm pleased to see that Karl took care of you. I don't have much experience with other Hi-Power gunsmiths but I'd still say that Karl really takes a back seat to nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by MDFA View Post
    Very Nice HP. Now you need some classy leather for it. I would suggest Milt Sparks.
    Milt Sparks Executive Companion + BHP = massive class and admiration by all. Great choice and a really comfortable setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I'm pleased to see that Karl took care of you. I don't have much experience with other Hi-Power gunsmiths but I'd still say that Karl really takes a back seat to nobody.
    I did a project with Karl a couple of years before he moved out of Mass. What a great guy to chat with and a fantastic gunsmith. I love seeing his work online and getting some exposure.

Giving me a twitch here...Karl has had my Hi-Power since April...

Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    Hopefully you're not too far down the list.

First gun took 6 or 8 months as I recall. Second was closer to a year.

The new SA35 has me pretty excited. One would be a nice Sokol base gun.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    I'm reminded of the catsup commercials of my youth. You know, "Anticipation is making me wait..."

Does anyone make a competent (and thin) *leather* AIWB rig for the BHP? Bonus points if it uses the DCC clips. Seems like a horsehide AIWB with DCC clips would be the shizzle.

Quote Originally Posted by Tensaw View Post
    Does anyone make a competent (and thin) *leather* AIWB rig for the BHP? Bonus points if it uses the DCC clips. Seems like a horsehide AIWB with DCC clips would be the shizzle.
    My BHP fits snugly in both a JRC Watson Special, and a 5Shot SME (with DCC), both for a 5" 1911. PM me and I'll send you some pics

User Tag List